New Star Wars movie gets 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

lackblogger

SasqWatch
In which I create a thread where people can gush about the new Star Wars movie and check-in with their outrageous thoughts once they've seen it or just groan and gripe about how fed up they are of seeing stuff about this movie everywhere etc.

Here's a starter link, as we see diagnosed serial fanboy nerd Chris Stuckmann experience multiple orgasms of delight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBMW3y86cpo

Rotten tomatoes link

100%?
LOL

The only movie with 100% on RT I've ever seen was Modern Times. And that one deserved even more than 100% if you ask me.
If there is another movie with 100% there, that definetly isn't Star Wars. At least not yet.

lol at the op, so accurate too.

and the tomatometer is now at 97%...

Those 3 out of 116 who dared to denigrate the immaculate conception of the new SW movie are quite clearly paid stooges for Warner Brothers.

Going by the rotten reviews (fast looking at them): one find Hollywood director lazy, three think it's too much like ANH/StarWars (as if that was a bad thing).

Its an excellent movie.
just wish they didnt rehash the deathstar bit

Sorry if anyone saw that post before I deleted it was up for all of a 1 minute...

I should really talk about spoilers in a spoiler thread. Sorry for starting all this.

100%?
LOL

The only movie with 100% on RT I've ever seen was Modern Times. And that one deserved even more than 100% if you ask me.
If there is another movie with 100% there, that definetly isn't Star Wars. At least not yet.

Personally, I found it a little dated. Citizen Kane on the other hand, well ahead of its time. I convinced myself the date of the film was 1951 because I could get my head around the '41 date.

I typically find the tomatometer sheer crap their top one hundred is one of the best I've seen:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/

They at least rate Vertigo in the 40's. IMO that's one movie of Hitchcock's that doesn't deserve to be on any top list. Another one is Signing in the Rain. That movie is also crap. And where on God's green earth is Silence of the Lambs on that list?

Well, I've just watched it and I loved it. Hated the prequels, but this was a return to the originals. Go see it in 3D, it's great!!

I often think that the primary problem with many modern films is in the writing. For this film they brought in Lawrence Kasdan (Empire Strikes Back and Raiders of the Lost Ark) and Michael Arndt (Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3). These are guys that know how tell a story through a screenplay, and it's clearly paid off.

Just saw on the Toronto news one of the movie houses did a 17 hour Star Wars showing. All 7 movies in order for 60.00 a ticket and it was completely sold out.

I've avoided reading reviews, and am glad I missed the earlier spoiler ... I am not nuts about being spoiler-free, but also am not trying to get swept up in the hype.

Going with wife and younger son tonight (older son still at college, comes home this weekend) .

How much security will there be in New York and LA movie complexes? Hopefully everyone will get to enjoy the movie and the wakoos and copycats can be destroyed by the Force :)

I'm a guy who gets very easily offended if the movie doesn't feel like it's worth its money, and I just went to see this today and I can confirm that it's…

TOTALLY WORTH THE MONEY AND

THEN SOME!!!!!!

I even tried to make the text flash but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this. I guess I could run the risk of over-hyping by being so over-the-top, but the reason I'm being so over-the-top is because it really is that good. You'd have to be viewing with the sole intention of looking for every little error or irritation to come away from this with any sense of negativity. It's Star Wars, it ain't the Citizen Kane of movies, but it's completely on par with the best of the blockbuster format movies that Star Wars belongs in. The saga has indeed been reborn for a new generation this time.

About once every 20 minutes some little thing would irk me, but what movie doesn't do that. Harrison Ford and Chewbacca, 110%, new robot, 110%, new lead characters 90%, new main bad guys 90%, any other old characters 80%, any other new characters 90%-50% quality. Plot, nicely engrossing, 90%. Special effects and sounds/settings 110%. CGI levels, acceptable and mostly fitting, mostly feels real to the bone.

Full price movie verging on better than sex. Nah, fuck it, better than sex.

Back
Top Bottom