Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Plans for the Future

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Wolcen Studio announced their future plans for Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem.

Operation: Second Dawn

We initially planned to put a top priority on new league content and on the new Chapter shortly after the release of the game. We've decided to swap the priority between the production of new content and bug fixing, game stabilization, quality of life, and recruitment during the next 4 months.

This decision comes with a name: Operation Second Dawn. Its goal is to focus on fixing several issues and invest in resources and infrastructures to make sure that the game will grow on a healthy base and a happy community.

Testing improvement

This is one of our primary objectives: reinforce the testing. We're now working with an external QA team to improve our testing process, spot issues sooner, and fix them before a new version goes live.

On that note, we want to inform you that patch 1.0.10 will be deployed early next week instead of this week. We've made some changes that require extensive testing and we want to make sure that it works properly.

Story improvements
We want to bring some love to Chapter 3 and improve the diversity and the pace to make its gameplay events and encounters more appealing. In addition to adding more visual diversity, we will also add new enemies and new enemies variants.

Quality of life improvements
Localization quality and clarity, the possibility to rebind left-click(we heard you!), a Gate of Fates search function, ailment stack numbers on monsters, a new quest reward system to avoid having a window in the middle of your screen when you receive your reward(along with the possibility to stack your reward and collect them whenever you want), and more...

Balancing
You can also expect balancing improvements in addition to bug fixing. Our goal is to improve the skills that are currently less played, there should not be a lot of damage reduction or skill nerfs. The Patch 1.0.10.0 will start to bring some improvements in that direction.
We will, however, continue to intervene on extremely unbalanced skills, items, or nodes as we did for Bleeding Edge if any come to our attention.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I wish I could refund this game. Four years in early access and they delivered a subpar campaign with 3 short(and repetitive) chapters, boring story, unbalanced gameplay, filled with bugs and crashes.
Not to mention the cliffhanger ending then a "six months later" scenario out of nowhere.

I wish I could refund this game. Four years in early access and they delivered a subpar campaign with 3 short(and repetitive) chapters, boring story, unbalanced gameplay, filled with bugs and crashes.
Not to mention the cliffhanger ending then a "six months later" scenario out of nowhere.

I agree. I bought into the hype and grabbed this at release. I’m supremely disappointed that I paid full price for this game and overshot my refund window trying to force myself to like it. It’s not the worst game ever but it falls far short of being the next gen ARPG it was hyped to be. It’s not even that great of a “this gen” ARPG and looks like they cut/paste some stuff (like items) directly from D3. I shelved it for now and figure I’ll go back in a year or so to see if I can’t get some enjoyment out of it. I doubt I’ll be changing my negative steam review anytime soon...

I think I like it more than you and it is a good game, just not a great one.

Sad thing really is that very much like D3, it was a much better game (albeit with worse graphics) than it is now. It was open world and interesting. It had a LOT of promise and could have been and awesome game.

Then they went away and came back with a very polished in many ways clone of Diablo 3 with dramtically better graphics. Combat is not super fun and melee is slow which really detracts from the game. I think maybe there is still a great game there but I will likely come back to it when they release the expansion.

Last Epoch is more promising, we will see how that comes out. Too bad the Ascaron guy behind Sacred 1 and 2 died and we will never see Unbended.

arpg/hack n slash how you wanna call it is my fav genre. This is the only one i got bored after 50hrs and i'm stuck at home cause covid restrictions.

It means it's really, really dull and boring.

Back
Top Bottom