King's Bounty II - Developer Diary #2

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The second installation of the Developer Diary for King's Bounty II is here, in the form of a video.

King's Bounty II - Dev Diary #2: Evolution of the series!

Prague, Czech Republic, March 26, 2020 - 1C Entertainment presents the second episode of the King's Bounty II dev diaries series. In this new entry you will learn about the lineage of King's Bounty, which is rooted deep in the history of the gaming industry. You will also find answers to important questions:

• What are the signature features of the King's Bounty series?
  • What are the differences and similarities of all the games in the series?
  • Are the King's Bounty games a single franchise?
  • And finally - why is King's Bounty II considered the heir to the previous games?
King's Bounty II is offering a fresh take on one of the oldest series of fantasy role-playing games. Players will enjoy a fantasy adventure with non-linear plot combined with the original turn-based tactical battles of King's Bounty. Every decision of the player matters - whether it is in battles against hordes of undead or communicating with local folks. Immerse yourself in an amazing world where fantasy mixes with reality. This world is full of bright events, memorable characters, and moral dilemmas!

Stay tuned for more inside stories, exclusive updates, and latest news, only available through 1C Entertainment's video diaries video diaries! King's Bounty II is set to launch in 2020 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Upcoming dev diary episodes will provide more details on story, combat systems, and playable characters in King's Bounty II.

More information.

I was a bit skeptical at first but the more I see, the more I'm starting to think this might actually be a welcome evolution over the last games.

I was a bit skeptical at first but the more I see, the more I'm starting to think this might actually be a welcome evolution over the last games.

hope so. But I do love the old game.

Right on, if they can keep the basic solid elements and throw in some new features that are equally intriguing, I'm sure I'll be buying the new products! Speaking personally, I am hoping they find that perfect balance.

There are already like four of them. But sure, "II".

Five even. I think this one should actually be KB3 though. Armoured Princess to Darkside are more like different expansions to Legends.

i guess I can appreciate a "philosophy of the game" video, but I want to see some crunchy stuff!

Exactly. Unit types, special abilities, skill trees, magic, core mechanics... Right now most of what they've shown is cut scenes. Usually my least favourite part of any game.

Back
Top Bottom