Kingdom Come - Reviews

When it comes to down to earth things, just wait till you "befriend" a certain priest. Suffice to say is he ain't no saint, no sir. ;)

As for those who believe this game pushes religion agenda and believe silly reviewers who did what? Played the intro a bit then drew conclusions only from there I guess…
In archbishop's vicar quest you may simply kill that vicar to solve that quest.
Of course it's not the only possibility, but there you go.

I wish there was some internet mechanics to put amateur reviewers on ignore.
Especially that Eurogamer's one who finds executions - romantic.

Its been a long time I have sat on the fence for a game. Even ELEX I went out and got after only a few days deliberation.

OT, but would you mind if I asked your opinions on ELEX?
I generally find hit-and-run discussions to contain more honesty than a directly topical thread.
I'm interested in the game, but I'm struggling to find anyone who praises it.

Using the phrase “loaf of farmhouse white” is your first clue this “reviewer” is on a snarling diversity rampage. It’s not the sort of commentary that’s going to make friends or influence people to your cause. She might have a point including such ridiculous language in a game where the setting was say, Tanzania. But even then, she’s posturing with a metaphorical club to let you know to tread carefully. The biggest problem with the sjw crew is they want to codify their sense of morality through force of government when they don’t seem to have enough support from the rest of the “clearly bigoted and racist” population. Hmmmmm, there was even a game about exactly that…

SJWs? What a confusing and boring label. You all just mean those people who have a different opinion than you on anything that is even remotely related to a social construct, right?
Funny you should say that because, for me, a SJW is a person who denies others the right to have a different opinion on anything that is even remotely related to a social construct.
I don't have a problem with people having different opinion, religion or lifestyle. Black, lesbian, transsexual, catholic, protestant I don't mind one little bit. SJW is a person who doesn't have an opinion but a conviction that his/her way is the only way to think and behave and judge others purely on how closely they adhere to their standards.

Last edited:
Imho discussions about diversity in video games must - if at all - refer to the general video game culture, not a single game.
It's beyond my comprehension to criticize a game like KCD for or rate its quality upon its lack of diversity.
Same goes for fantasy games. If I as a designer decide that my game world is inhabited by only humans resembling our world's caucasians, elves and dwarves, living in a patriarchal society where anything except heterosexuality is forbidden, that's my decision alone. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

It could however be discussed why in main stream media we lack diversity. (If that's true at all. I haven't seen an actual study so far.)

That certainly is a matter for a debate but if originally Asian or Black character is played/portrayed by a white actor/actress than we DO have a problem.

And the ask from the other side is to be able to mention diversity with out being labeled SJW. Also, seems fair.

Yes this particular thread is about a review but the SJW label is rampant on the internet.

-Include a transgender character in your game and your SJW.
- question why a game doesnt have more ethnic people or any transgender or gay people and your SJW.
- question why a game is 95% white males with women portrayed as prostitutes or servents and your SJW.
- comment that you wish there were more gay or transgendered playable characters and your SJW. And on and on.

SJW has become a catch all label for anyone thats tired of the status qua and would like to see some race and gender diversity in games.

Its funny no one syas anything if someone wants elves and dwarves in a game but more black people or different gender identities and out comes the SJW label.

More people need to look at things from other peoples perspective. Imagine if 99% of playable characters were black lesbians. Would you not be posting then that you wish there were more white male characters? And would it not be more than a little irritating if you were the. Just labeld SJW and told to shut up?

Sure some people have agenda, but not all do and lumping them all together, labeling them SJW and ignoring or worse demeaning them just isn't right.

Some people have no SJW agenda they would just like some more diversity and some player characters they can identify with. Something that many enjoy and take for granted. Seems fair.

Sorry, i know this is way off topic, but im just so sick of the SJW label i could puke and i needed to vent.

If a moderator feels this is too off topic or shouldnt be here feel free to move or delete it.

If you have to question why a game set in the Middle Ages Bohemia does not have the diversity you want included. Then you are a SJW. Just accept the label that clearly fits. There are plenty of RPGs that cater for those with diversity requirements (it just does not need to be every game).

Interesting discussion. I enjoyed reading the posts. Anyway, I also agree that its best not to go too much into these deep waters, because it can take over topics. I only commented because others in the thread had already highlighted the obvious bias of this particular reviewer. Even though I have very strong opinions regarding all this SJW stuff, I try to limit my politically-tinged comments.

I will use this post for a final comment in this thread just to say this topic can tend to come up naturally because the SJWs do have a lot of power, and many of the elites who are at the top in many industries are pushing this in the entertainment industry, from movies, to tv shows, to games, to comic books, to general culture...you can see it, it's palpable. It isn't good to not have a counter-movement to this, in my opinion. Scary things can happen when there is no opposition to ideas, especially when pushed by elites and those with a lot of influence on culture, for example, in social media companies (such as facebook, twitter, youtube, google)...and who mostly seem to align on one (far left) part of the political spectrum as well.

*Takes deep breath* Anyway, yea, I agree, enough of this for now, back to the games! :biggrin:

If you have to question why a game set in the Middle Ages Bohemia does not have the diversity you want included. Then you are a SJW. Just accept the label that clearly fits. There are plenty of RPGs that cater for those with diversity requirements (it just does not need to be every game).

Except I didn't comment on the game. That's why I said it could be off topic and delete it or move it if they want. I clearly stated my problem was with the SJW label. Maybe next time read a post if you're going to respond to it. Especially if you plan to respond rudely.

I'll thank you for proving my point though. You know nothing about me and won't find even 1 post in my thousands of post where I've said game X has to have (enter whatever race or sex you want here) and yet you've thrown out the SJW label.

Anyway, I'll leave it there as it is off topic and nothing productive will come from the exchange anyway.

because the SJWs do have a lot of power, and many of the elites who are at the top in many industries are pushing this in the entertainment industry

The SJW are just attention seeking narcissists who are shown by the media which causes are "righteous" to get behind then they choose to react where a sane person with a differing opinion would just go about their own business. They don't have any power; they're generally quite unhappy and frustrated but don't really know why.

So, what's this push for diversity really all about? Well, It's about war, globalisation, the removal of national borders and uncapped migration. World domination.

You are all being taught to accept the end of monolithic nationalism or be branded a racist and bigot. To accept, nay, demand that you're no more special than an illegal immigrant. Everyone is equal.

The days of a country holding any real power are over. Now all they hold is debt. The global corporations are the new players. The screen is your new God. The governments are just there to use tax to redistribute wealth before some manner of communism replaces it once globalisation is complete.

If you want an example of the ideal politician of the future just look to Merkel in Germany. Open the gates and deal with the issues. Such is progress. There is no choice. Germany is not for the Germans. They tried that already. The same goes for every country.

It has been said that there will be world government whether it be by conquest or consent and I'll say right now that your consent is being manufactured.

You must forgive the SJW for they know not what they do.

The SJW are just attention seeking narcissists who are shown by the media which causes are "righteous" to get behind then they choose to react where a sane person with a differing opinion would just go about their own business. They don't have any power; they're generally quite unhappy and frustrated but don't really know why.

So, what's this push for diversity really all about? Well, It's about war, globalisation, the removal of national borders and uncapped migration. World domination.

You are all being taught to accept the end of monolithic nationalism or be branded a racist and bigot. To accept, nay, demand that you're no more special than an illegal immigrant. Everyone is equal.

The days of a country holding any real power are over. Now all they hold is debt. The global corporations are the new players. The screen is your new God. The governments are just there to use tax to redistribute wealth before some manner of communism replaces it once globalisation is complete.

If you want an example of the ideal politician of the future just look to Merkel in Germany. Open the gates and deal with the issues. Such is progress. There is no choice. Germany is not for the Germans. They tried that already. The same goes for every country.

It has been said that there will be world government whether it be by conquest or consent and I'll say right now that your consent is being manufactured.

You must forgive the SJW for they know not what they do.
The amount of contradictions in this is mind-blowing to me...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

This is the wrong forum for this

Does one idiot reviewer deserve all this attention?

Also, it should be noted that Romantic Literature, or Romanticism, is not the same the same thing as a Romantic Novel or a Romance

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romantic_literature_in_English

Its about a different period of time full of glossy nostalgia, and not the gritty, ugly, hyper-realistic, avante garde of modern styles - even if it is a fantasy. And fantasy is part of the point.

The amount of contradictions in this is mind-blowing to me…
Are you waiting for an invitation to elaborate? What contradictions do you see?

It would appear to me that you've simply been triggered and eagerly reacted, not even waiting to get back to your PC, yet failed to explain yourself; rendering your post quite pointless. Have you accidentally reinforced my argument in doing so?

I'm quite certain you have no contradictions to list so consider yourself defeated and take your leave!

Lucky Day said:
This is the wrong forum for this
I'd argue that the place where a conversation appears naturally was exactly the correct place for it to appear and if it wasn't for the place it appeared providing the required foundation it would never have existed at all.

So here is the issue. If a reviewer brings in politics, can the politics be discussed here? If not, this site should disregard the review. Simple.

People make a game about white dudes in medieval Bohemia, and people freak out. People make a game with gay romances, and other people freak out.

I really couldn't give a frog's green fart, but I do wish people wouldn't give games silly scores for such reasons.

I'm just saying this is one review of a bunch of them and we seem to be really, really, really focused on a few lines of her one review.

The rest are mostly positive reviews in spite of the problems at launch.

The rest are mostly positive reviews in spite of the problems at launch.

But that's exactly why we don't talk about them. One, for a silly reason, wasn't and so it gets all the attention. Surprised?

Back
Top Bottom