Octopath Traveler - Preview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Octopath Traveler is a classic style JRPG that has been previewed by Shacknews.

Depth Without Complication

The familiar map overview and easily digestible mission structure both help make Octopath Traveler remarkably easy to play. Those who want to level up their heroes need only seek out the nearest unexplored passage or instead find a nearby path with a danger level slightly higher than the characters' current levels. Similarly, jumping to the next story element is as easy as traveling to green-hued cities on the map, then choosing to continue the chosen character's next chapter.

[...]
More information.

We decided to name our yet unborn child Octopoid Octopath Octopuslum out of respect & High Regard for Square Enix Esquire.. um sorry Square Enix Acquarium, oh no… um Square Enix Acquire! Thats the devteams name! In order that our beloved unborn child then ONE DAY… ONE DAAAYY ["I got in!"] can become a True Octopath Traveler!!

sorry.. couldn't resist reading that über-stupid game title

We decided to name our yet unborn child Octopoid Octopath Octopuslum out of respect & High Regard for Square Enix Esquire.. um sorry Square Enix Acquarium, oh no… um Square Enix Acquire! Thats the devteams name! In order that our beloved unborn child then ONE DAY… ONE DAAAYY ["I got in!"] can become a True Octopath Traveler!!

sorry.. couldn't resist reading that über-stupid game title

Excellent game though. I have played the 3 hours long demo and couldn't be more impressed.

Yes, it is a Switch exclusive title.
Omg_crying_so_sad.gif

I would say this game alone warrants a Switch purchase, its excellent current and future library notwithstanding.

Back
Top Bottom