What games are you playing now?

Ah, nice ! :)

Do you know there's an add-on for it ? :) And a "Gold" version combining both already ? :)

Plus, I think I remember Kalypso stating somewhere they wre already looking out for Tropico 4 … :)

Just started playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I played the demo a few months ago and wasn't really impressed, but after reading some very positive reviews I've decided to give it another try.

I've played through it. I think it's generally not as good as the Penumbra series - but still a quite good game, and a bargain for the price they are asking.

I've played through it. I think it's generally not as good as the Penumbra series - but still a quite good game, and a bargain for the price they are asking.

Well I hope it ends up being better than Penumbra for me, or I probably won't even finish it. I enjoyed the first Penumbra, but I didn't like the direction in which they started going in the second game. I didn't even bother playing the third after reading about it.

Ah, nice ! :)

Do you know there's an add-on for it ? :) And a "Gold" version combining both already ? :)

Plus, I think I remember Kalypso stating somewhere they wre already looking out for Tropico 4 … :)

Yeah I have read about both. I don't think I would buy any of them though since they don't seem to add too much...
Maybe tropico 4 but not for a while.

What I enjoyed most is the random events... They help a lot ... It would be great if there were many more of them with completely different results... I have been spending two days on the game now :)
I have done most of the scenarios on the campaign :)

Well I finished Amnesia already. It was entertaining, but short, and not all that memorable imo.

I've no clue what I'm going to play next, but I'm thinking about Divine Divinity.

Well I finished Amnesia already. It was entertaining, but short, and not all that memorable imo.

I've no clue what I'm going to play next, but I'm thinking about Divine Divinity.

If you haven't played it yet, you're in for a treat. The game has a somewhat evil sense of humor, which added to it greatly. :)

Gran Turismo 5 - the only game I ever plan on getting for my Blu-Ray player. Excellent break after a year of DA:O/A. Unfortunately if the industry continues it's current trend GT5 will be considered an RPG next year...

The opening dungeon is infamous for being three times as long as it should be. Supposedly, the game really shines once you get out, but I wouldn't know because I never managed to slog all the way thru it without punting in frustration.

Why am I not surprised that you two can't even agree on a dungeon!! :D

I don't know that we're disagreeing completely, actually (strangely enough, Thrasher and I see eye-to-eye pretty well game-wise). The atmosphere of the dungeon WAS quite good. The addition of some quick travel points back to town would have eliminated my complaint, because I just got tired of going back-n-forth half a million times before getting to the end of the slog.

I am amazed at how many classic great games MicroProse created back in the day: Master of Orion, Master of Magic, and XCOM. Were these guys brilliant? And why do so few modern games have a similar depth of gameplay?

They also had a huge pile of totally crappy games that no one remembers any more. We just remember the odd gems poking up out of the steaming effluent.

The opening dungeon is infamous for being three times as long as it should be. Supposedly, the game really shines once you get out, but I wouldn't know because I never managed to slog all the way thru it without punting in frustration.

Oddly I didn't mind the initial dungeon so much but I gave up on it not too long afterward. I don't even remember why, really. That's usually not a good sign (for the game, not me).

Oddly I didn't mind the initial dungeon so much but I gave up on it not too long afterward. I don't even remember why, really. That's usually not a good sign (for the game, not me).

I remember thinking the dungeon was really long when I first played the game, but at later play-throughs I didn't mind it at all. If you would actually time it with a watch I'm unsure if it's really that long :) In any case, the game as a whole is very very good.. so you shouldn't let the initial dungeon block you!

You can actually ignore the first dungeon if you want. I didn't go through it..... that said the game gets fairly boring..... it is kind of unfinished there is some parts which are really good... but than it becomes really empty at the later parts.

Yeah I have read about both. I don't think I would buy any of them though since they don't seem to add too much…

I read that the Add-On to Tropico 3 has as its strongest point a kind of tutorial for newbies to this game.

Besides : Larian admitted of it being a mistake of releasing this dungeon as a demo ... The game would have perhaps sold better without it ...

I don't know that we're disagreeing completely, actually (strangely enough, Thrasher and I see eye-to-eye pretty well game-wise). The atmosphere of the dungeon WAS quite good. The addition of some quick travel points back to town would have eliminated my complaint, because I just got tired of going back-n-forth half a million times before getting to the end of the slog.

There was some of back and forth. Certainly, the game gets alot more interesting for those of us who like non-linear open-world exploration once you get out of the initial town. DD I think is a must play, for this and the humor.Everyone shouldn't judge it on the first town.

Back
Top Bottom