Fallout: New California - Review @VG24/7

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
VG24/7 reviewed mod Fallout: New California and admired its attention to details.

New California is also very good at introducing you to interesting environments, lavish with visual detail, and then failing to populate these places with anything to do or anyone to speak to.

This is a real radroach in your sugar bombs because the voice acting is so bloody good. Early on, I meet an ex-raider named Richard Camper. I’ve already removed my Vault 18 suit as to not arouse suspicion, but he clocks me instantly. His ‘pappy’ came from a Vault, and besides, my healthy skin and eyes are a dead giveaway that I’ve not long been on the surface. As he speaks, his voice cracks with a weary wisdom and playful spark that makes me instantly believe in this world. He’s just one of many similarly great performances.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I've played through the first part and the game has a really professional made feeling to it. Voice acting is nice and graphics are... well, graphics are New Vegas.

What I found was that when you go exploring in the Vault you have encounters which are not "intended" and lead to you having a encounter with these mobs again when the story is ready for it.

Back
Top Bottom