Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The tactical RPG Alder's Blood has been released today:

FEATURES

• Twisted, Lovecraftian atmosphere
  • Complex tactical combat
  • Rich lore and RPG mechanics
  • Diverse crafting: weapons, charms, equipment and usables.
  • Squad based strategy
  • Over 70 missions
  • Clan management
  • Over 10h of gameplay of main-story
  • Over 40h of gameplay if including side-quests.
  • Huge world to explore
  • Unique mechanic: smell and scent

SUMMARY
God is dead, and it was us - who killed him.
Without God - the world became twisted and has fallen into chaos. Malevolent essense bleeding from his dead carcass, gives birth to inhuman abominations that roam the land - hunting and devouring anything human.

But the God's death has also sprouted new kind of life: The Hunters.
They look like humans, but they are not. They are so much less, and so much more. The meaning of their life is to vanquish the ever growing Darkness and to protect humanity - at all cost.

Each clan of Hunters has their Chief. You play as one of them. As the Chief - you manage your clan's camping, shifts, equipment, resources, crafting, trading, travels and most important - the Hunt.

Hunts are main source of field experience for Hunters under your lead, and reward for a successful Hunt - your funding. Extremely difficult and dangerous, as the spawns of Darkness takes various shapes - each one more deadlier than the other.

On a Hunt, there is no place for blind bravery or brute force - those will only lead to your end. Instead, the key tactics are stealth, paying attention from where the wind blows, traps, ambushes and swift, accurate strikes. There is no room for mistakes and each - is being paid with life and blood.

Only carefully threading your actions, strategies and wise management of your scarce resources - does give you a chance of survival.

Then something happened.
An old friend, but with a stranger's face.
Blind eyes, that saw something they weren't supposed to.
Silence, replaced by whispers.
Whispers, replaced by screams.

And the curtain of this wounded world
...is about to fall.
More information.

I am also very curious about this one. I am not sure that its my kind of gameplay, so I'll wait for reviews. Originally described in their kickstarter as a Cthulu based X-Com, the reviews up till now paint a different picture. You have stealth based turn based combat, however that works and resource management. Also I read "Darkest Dungeon meets the Oregon Trail," and again I don't really have a feel how if that's the kind of gameplay that I'd enjoy or not.

It looks interesting, but not necessarily good. I'll wait to hear some impressions, maybe see if anyone is playing it on Youtube.

One thing is positive: The Battlescape art direction is LAME and WEAK!!! Compare colorful and bright XCOM: UFO DEFENSE and then you know, how little General Alder's developers know about doing proper visuals on a FREAKING FCKNG battlescape!!!

One thing is positive: The Battlescape art direction is LAME and WEAK!!! Compare colorful and bright XCOM: UFO DEFENSE and then you know, how little General Alder's developers know about doing proper visuals on a FREAKING FCKNG battlescape!!!

Umm, in what way it's that a positive thing?

Back
Top Bottom