Greedfall - Was it a Success?

I don't think that Spiders games are an exception here. For every game there are lovers, haters and for the most part something in between.

When you read the threads about the game here most watchers say positive and negative things about Greedfall.
Yeah but I was referring to the whole game market not just this site. As spider RPGs usually get poor to average review scores. Greedfall is their best rated game so far.

Every past review cited them for the same faults calling them second rate RPGs. So for once I'm glad they got a hit. Just hope they can get even better in the future.

Fingers crossed they don't go the BioWare route someday though.

Ps: I don't hate BioWare RPGs just referring to their faults and failures over the years.

It certainly seems successful to me, compared to their previous games. They've never had this much attention before, and the overall receiption has been very good. Personally, I like their games, and I feel they're heading in the right direction, so this is good news to me.

As for motion sickness: I tend to get that in first person games that get the physics wrong. The moving-through-doors animation in Greedfall managed to cause a slight issue, but the general movement did not. It was only the door animation because of the camera swirl thing.

Weird, the only motion sickness I ever got from gaming was the first time playing Skyrim VR. It goes away after awhile though and doesn't come back, hence the term VR sealegs. I didn't know you could get motion sickness from a typical video game. Sorry to hear for you blobby and couch.

Greedfall has an "auto-swingy" camera that always tries to recenter itself + motion blur and depth of field. It's awful for people sensible to motions.

I had to install a mod for the camera, change the FOV and disable a bunch of visual features to play it otherwise it was just headache and feeling dizzi.

Last edited:
Wow, crazy. Learn something new every day (games can cause motion sickness). :)

While I didn't finish the game, I played Greedfall for a great many hours. I got much farther in it than any other Spider game. I too am hopeful for more growth from the arachnids. It mite tick me off if the Scorpions did the music for them.

I Liked greedfall so much and in order to support the developers I ordered greedfall a second time, now via GOG.com….. I hope Spiders continues to develop these kind of games…..

I Liked greedfall so much and in order to support the developers I ordered greedfall a second time, now via GOG.com….. I hope Spiders continues to develop these kind of games…..

Well, that seems extreme but commendable. I liked the story and think it managed to evoke the general zeitgeist in a particular narrative setting.

Back
Top Bottom