Alignments - a digression from ‘Goodbye from me’ thread (moved by Eye)

Hm, I'm not sure I agree. Jaime Lannister does break a law afterall. It's not evil for the joy of it (chaotic evil). It's evil for his own (or his sister, children) sake -> neutral evil.

From my point of view, a lawful evil character follows / upholds a system of law that is based on "evil" concepts. Without remorse, of course.

Examples:
- A slaver (operating in a system where that is legal).
- A Gestapo officer.
- An evil king / leader (who consistently follows his own rules/laws)
Yep, you're right actually.

I'm realizing my problem is that the french word loyal can mean both faithfull and lawful.
So for me Jaime in that scene appear to be lawfull evil (loyal mauvais in french).
His loyalty to his… girl makes him commit evil shit.

And now, I have to tell my buds we've been playing DnD wrong all this years…

Last edited:
That's funny, in our parties it was always the Paladin that was "lawful stupid" :)

Dunno about stupid. Paladin is lawful boring in my case.

CG. Always. I can't play anything but good, at least I haven't managed it yet. Since I basically RP myself I can't make evil choices just to get a better reward. In my current PF game I have in occasion (2 or 3 times) picked the evil option to see what happened. Then I reloaded because it turned my stomach.

That's probably why I pick Chaotic, it just feels more fun to at least be a rebellious goody-two-shoes. I'm considering trying a LE playthrough next but not sure if I can manage.

I believe the point was applying d&d alignments in RL. Not why videogames tend to be designed around CG approach the most and halfbake the rest possibilities.

But the (hi)story repeats itself and the potstirring starter left the room, so...
Oddly he didn't mention Anthem this time at all and I was patiently waiting for it.

Back
Top Bottom