Dark Souls - Daughters of Ash Mod

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@PCGamesN The Daughters of Ash mod for Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition overhauls everything, with new quests, items, and enemies.

Dark Souls: Daughters of Ash is a massive mod that has been in development for ages, aiming to overhaul the game with new progression, new quests, new items, and new enemies. Creator Grimrukh says this offers "approximately twice as much content as the original game," and it'll take multiple playthroughs to see everything the mod has to offer.

[...]
More information.

Let us know how it is stability wise. I might give it a go at some point.

I watched the asylum intro part and there were some cool changes, liked it alot, dfinitely worth playing for fans. And big thumbs up since its made for the old version and not the shit remaster.

I watched the asylum intro part and there were some cool changes, liked it alot, dfinitely worth playing for fans. And big thumbs up since its made for the old version and not the shit remaster.

What's wrong with the remaster? I played both versions and thought the remaster looked better and played more smoothly.

Let us know how it is stability wise. I might give it a go at some point.

Seems fine, no crashes or bugs so far.

I think it's the better version for new players because of the changes to the layout of the first areas making things less scary and confusing. They'll likely find more weapons and NPCs than they normally would.

For old players it will steal your knowledge and restore the challenge. All your favourite overpowered items have been moved or the path there accessed a different way. The master key only opens one door then breaks. You can't look up the wiki for help! Plus the bonfires have often been moved which makes you feel much less secure. They know all the things experienced players will do and mess it up. Good stuff!

Latest patch notes:

v1.1 fixes:
- Enemy difficulty has been balanced across almost all areas in the game. (If you liked things brutal, there are still ways for you to make it harder.)
- Soul consumables now give you both souls and their effects, so using the effects will now only cost you the relative safety of popping souls at a bonfire (and you don't have to wait to feed them). The values of the standard loot souls are the same as the original.
- Enemy locations have been improved in a few areas (notably Undead Burg, Blighttown, and Painted World).
- The paths to Anor Londo are less hidden, with updated descriptions and messages.
- The pact with Kremmel has been removed from the starting cell, as too many players were being lured into it.
- The Ring of Sacrifice has been fixed.
- Your arrival in the Painted World is a little friendlier.
- A couple of bugs in Ash Lake have been fixed.
- A large boss is no longer invisible in its cutscene.
- Numerous minor bug fixes.

Thanks @SirJames;,

I will definitely find some time to fit this in. Fortunately souls games are easy to pick up and put down so I can play it in bits and pieces here and there.

Back
Top Bottom