Final Fantasy VII

I replayed this as recently as two and a half years ago, and it was still fun to play. Aye, the age shows a tad, but to me that in some ways only endears the product to me even more. I didn't miss the hitching from the early play station days!

OMG Hype. :D

I don't watch those Jim's vids normally, but now I did peek at this one. And I see the combat suspiciously looks as silly as in FF13. Watch TV and not the game, click randomly and win. Like old Akali in LOL. A sort of QTE where a player is not ridiculed to click something during a certain time interval (or roll within a certain time interval darksouly QTE 2.0 rubbish).

A product for blind people or perhaps for twitch? If twitch, it won't be rated Ao.

If you ask me, this remake, the video material, looks far too inferior to FF15. A game that failed miserably only with one thing - emotions. Not saying everything else was brilliant but at least didn't look meh as this remake presentation.

Well I can't say I agree with most of what that guy was complaining about. To me, it seems like he's being overly nostalgic about the original. I get the sense that there wouldn't be any remake that could please him.

Also, most of the FF games had two modes that you could choose between. You could choose "wait" mode if you didn't want enemies to be able to attack as soon as their bar was full. It was basically full turn-based mode. I don't remember if that was in FF7, but I think it was. I preferred the normal ATB system.
Hmmm, could be. Let's see. Oh, you're right, it does have a "wait"! I forgot all about that thing. You have to actually start up a game to see the option.

Man, the original game has not aged well at all. I reinstalled it last night and played for a bit. What's up with the Steam version not even having gamepad support?
Remember, this port was made before Y2K. It supports joysticks, not controllers! The default keys will drive you nuts, too.
@GothicGothicness; - I think the environmental bit is really more about nuclear energy but it translates well into the current situation. Maybe even better.

I expect the basic story will be the same. They are breaking this up into multiple episodes, though, and I think they said the first part deals with just the starting city - yet takes two BluRay discs. Either they've added quite a bit or they have some pretty epic video compression issues! One of the trailers showed Cloud confronting Sepheroth, too, but we don't see him at all in the original game's Midgard - just the results of some of his actions.

I expect they will cut some bits out, too. I'm sure the part where you have to dress the oh-so-stoic Cloud up as a girl won't be considered as funny as it was in the late 90's.

Remember, this port was made before Y2K. It supports joysticks, not controllers! The default keys will drive you nuts, too.

Fwiw, I found out that, if you run Steam in Big Picture mode, there are a bunch of user-created gamepad configurations for FF7. I picked one for my DS4 gamepasd and it works perfectly.

Yup, as JDR stated above, that configuration does exist and works. I'd no idea about it until a mate told me, she gave me some tips on setting it up, once I'd done that it worked flawlessly. I'm not the biggest steam fan but every so often they do something extremely well!

If a weeboo kicks his head in the forest, does he go: "Weeeeee..."?

The past two days I've been replaying some optional content in Final Fantasy IV, and yeah, I know this thread isn't about that game, but right now I'm feeling the satisfaction that can only come with a huge, optional fight victory! I cannot believe I left some of this content undone when I last replayed this game three years ago.

We shall see. They might want to get all the episodes out before porting to other platforms.

I would think with the recent track record, we'll see this for the computers at some point down the road. We'll likely benefit from the pause, as many nasty bugs and issues should be thoroughly squashed by then.

New trailer

Some scenes in there I did NOT expect to see! And some spells, too. I didn't think Frog or any summons would show up until at least the second episode. Maybe they are just used against you? (P.S. Frog with tiny Buster sword is great!)

(straight?) shotacon+lolicon. :)

Such a shame it's just a bait, the game is not rated M but is ESRB teen.

T for Teen sounds about right. 13 or 14 might still be a tad young, IMHO. One of the surprising things is that the Don is shown. That guy runs the red light district in Midgar and captures Tifa to be his sex slave - which seems mighty spicy for the lower teen years. There's never any actual sex but really his whole story is just a side show. The whole thing could easily have been dropped, avoiding any controversy, which is why I was surprised to see him in the trailer.

Of course, if this ever gets to PC, I would expect a Tifa nude mod within hours of release. You can have your M easily enough.

Edit: Also some gameplay from a demo

DELAYED until April 10.

I don't believe the episodic ESRB/PEGI everyone audience will be eager to play complete experience in one game rated M for mature.

In other words, FF7 episode one remake can set any date it wants as it's competition are early access garbage products promising paradise rarely anyone cares about any more.

Me? If I buy that'll be after the remake is a full game and when it gets nude mods or something that makes it nonkindergarden material.

I'm in no rush for this, as I'm sure the computer version will be at least a year off yet, if not more. Let me know when it shows up on either gog or steam!

Back
Top Bottom