Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Trailer

For me, Cyberpunk is probably the only positive highlight of E3 so far. Trailer was cool and we have release date, good job - looking forward.

I hope Nintendo has something up their sleeve to be thrilled about.

Well if by authority you mean someone people think about, listen to, or even is asked/paid to contribute he is certainly no authority at all.
Actually, he's paid and listened to when people buy and read his books, and just one of his cyberpunk books by itself has sold probably 25-50X as many copies as the Cyberpunk PnP game ever has. Weird comment.

hd3er49iee331.jpg

Trivia question: Which game had an unbearable crunch. :)

Nice trailer!

However I don't like the dehumanizing mech parts at all. :D Those people are machines. Nothing to connect to.

Very excited it's a shame it's still a year away from being released. Guess all those leaks were wrong in the months, or CDPR decided to push it back for further development.

Nice trailer!

However I don't like the dehumanizing mech parts at all. :D Those people are machines. Nothing to connect to.

Speak for yourself. Some of us are eager to play the next robots dating sim. On PC or in RL, who cares. :D

Speak for yourself. Some of us are eager to play the next robots dating sim. On PC or in RL, who cares. :D
Nope won't go there as I can think of so many dirty things to say.:embarrassed:

Oh the possibilities due to cybernetics.:sweatdrop:

For me, Cyberpunk is probably the only positive highlight of E3 so far. Trailer was cool and we have release date, good job - looking forward.

I hope Nintendo has something up their sleeve to be thrilled about.

No love for elden ring? Fromsoft’s New game.

Definitely want to play cyberpunk but but I’m more excited about elden ring.

For me Elden Ring sounds more like a proper RPG this time. So that might just be the first time in many years a From Software's game I will enjoy. Can't wait for more information.

But, do we know something more already? So far I only heard its in development and Martin cooperated on it. Somewhat too little to start love yet.

But, do we know something more already? So far I only heard its in development and Martin cooperated on it. Somewhat too little to start love yet.

Elden Ring Announced - Featuring George R.R. Martin's Writing

https://www.vg247.com/2019/06/10/elden-ring-open-world-rpg/
Apparently the game will be different from their previous grinders and more concentrated on RPG elements. Maybe finally I buy something from that overrated studio.

It's hard for me to fully explain, but if even William Gibson agrees (as Lucky Day posted after my post), I'm pretty confident I'm not totally off in the weeds here.

BoboTheMighty mentioned earlier that people who are saying this might be unfamiliar with the Cyberpunk PnP game, and for me that's certainly true, but let's be honest, William Gibson defines cyberpunk (with the lower case "c") more than the Cyberpunk PnP game ever has. In fact, it's his works that were a large part of the inspiration for the PnP game.

I don't downplay Gibson's work or contributions....I've read several of his novels and acknowledge him as an authority on Cyberpunk. But I don't really care what he thinks based on watching a trailer, versus what Mike Pondsmith thinks based on being aware of a much wider experience with the game. Gibson is just as susceptible to the rest of humanity to making generalized comparisons. It's GTA because there's driving? Because there are criminal characters? Neither of those things are "un-Cyberpunk".

Mike Pondsmith would disagree that William Gibson is a bigger authority on cyberpunk (lower case c, as I said) than CD Projekt is? I very much doubt it. Why would he think that a video game company is a bigger authority on cyberpunk than one of the guys who created the genre that his Cyberpunk PnP game is based on? That's ludicrous.

I can only hope that you meant Mike Pondsmith might disagree that William Gibson is a bigger authority than himself (Mike Pondsmith). But I never made that claim, and I've got no clue what Mike Pondsmith's position on that would be anyway.

Sorry, I didn't mean to send you into full William Gibson fanboy mode. ;)

Again, CD Projekt is making a game based specifically on Cyberpunk 2020, a fact I mentioned in my last post that you conveniently ignored. No one cares what kind of authority Gibson thinks he is when it comes to cyberpunk in general.

I'm VERY intrigued, but the trailer was kind of a nothing. Miyazaki sure is enamoured of blacksmiths. From what I've heard about the scope and size and tone of the game, mixed in with Martin's involvement and Miyazaki's track record, I'm very excited and optimistic about it, though.

Elden Ring Announced - Featuring George R.R. Martin's Writing

Wow, I completely missed this. Thanks!

Those are some super cool news, this easily becomes one of my most anticipated games. And maybe we even dont have to wait super long for it, as its already 3 years in development.

Cheers :)

Weird in the description on steam it says: Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality.

Nothing about it being an RPG.

Weird but it's just a short summary. Nothing to get worried about.:)

Anyway guess we can say Fallout 4 wasn't an RPG either based on game-play.

Back
Top Bottom