Might & Magic X - Back on Steam

I got it to work and I'm glad I did. I'm surprised this game didn't do better than it did, but that might be due to Ubisoft.

It's really quite the fun little blobber. I'm playing this alongside Dungeon Encounters now. M&M X has pretty decent graphics and it has that weird quirky sense of humor that I recall the M&M series having. I'm level 13-14ish now with my main party and so far it's been everything I want in this type of game. I'm surprised I don't remember playing it more back when I did, apparently I racked up a lot of hours I don't recall back in 2015. :D

The systems are fun to play with. They include ranged combat without allowing kiting, which works well. There are a lot of different classes and races to muck about with, with four races that have three unique classes each. I'm trying a "hybrid ranged" group right now with no main melee guys, just a ranger, scout, runepriest and freemage.

It has that old school charm of "if you walk one square into higher level territory you will get smashed and smashed hard" feel to it, while allowing amenities like multiple saved games to prepare for the inevitable. Magic system is cool. Again I'm surprised this didn't do better and I'm glad it's back.

I got it to work and I'm glad I did. I'm surprised this game didn't do better than it did, but that might be due to Ubisoft.

It was done on a small budget, so I can't presume that the marketing was anything special. Still, I absolutely adore it as well. It's the *only* game I deal with a non-Steam launcher for… but I was reluctant to buy it at the time because of that very thing (and I'm not alone in that sentiment). If Ubisoft dropped their UPlay bullshit, I'm betting their sales would increase greatly; they're their own worst enemy.

Totally agree with ya there, Drithius. I tolerated Uplay to enjoy Might and Magic ten once, yet I'm extremely reluctant to do so ever again, even though I had a great time playing the game. I guess I'm just not that desperate these days.

It's really quite the fun little blobber. I'm playing this alongside Dungeon Encounters now. M&M X has pretty decent graphics and it has that weird quirky sense of humor that I recall the M&M series having. I'm level 13-14ish now with my main party and so far it's been everything I want in this type of game. I'm surprised I don't remember playing it more back when I did, apparently I racked up a lot of hours I don't recall back in 2015. :D

The systems are fun to play with. They include ranged combat without allowing kiting, which works well. There are a lot of different classes and races to muck about with, with four races that have three unique classes each. I'm trying a "hybrid ranged" group right now with no main melee guys, just a ranger, scout, runepriest and freemage.

It has that old school charm of "if you walk one square into higher level territory you will get smashed and smashed hard" feel to it, while allowing amenities like multiple saved games to prepare for the inevitable. Magic system is cool. Again I'm surprised this didn't do better and I'm glad it's back.
I didn't like the square movement myself. I tried it out but it really was a turn off for me.

I didn't like the square movement myself. I tried it out but it really was a turn off for me.
You should give it another try and try to get used to it. It is really a little gem of a game!

You should give it another try and try to get used to it. It is really a little gem of a game!
If I didn't have tons of other games to play, I may have, but so many other games to play. I still have at least 80 hours of pathfinder to play before playing Encased.

I want to try Darkest Dungeon 2.
I think I may also get a couple of older games on winter sale which have been on my wishlist for ages like Greedfall, Wildermyth,....

That's probably me for the rest of the year and beyond :D

I was actually shocked how bad the graphics looked when I started it up. I had played it closer to launch and don't remember it looking as bad.

I tried to get back into it, but it looks dated and the 4 directional walking and fighting is just goofy nowadays.

The grid movement didn't bother me, though I would still have preferred real-time.

My only complaint was the enemy gating which made it a lot more linear than it should have been.

Back
Top Bottom