Why was silver coin renamed copper coin ?

Because he made a request to change it.

Why was silver coin renamed copper coin and should people names change ?

Just curious.

The real question is: why hasn't he changed to Gold Coin, instead?

Because he doesn't like D&D and thinks 4th edition is the best so he was downgraded. Copper is the lowest form of money in D&D so it seems his name was finally corrected. ;)

To set the record straight, 5th edition is the best. 4th edition was just unfairly criticized.

As to why I changed my name

1. I didn't like having the same name as Silver
2. Copper Coin allows for a better variety of avatars
3. I'm somewhat ashamed of that drunk thread I made about Kingmaker being inferior to the tabletop version, so I devalued myself. Eventually I will rise up the ranks again.

I hope that's a satisfactory explanation.

3. I'm somewhat ashamed of that drunk thread I made about Kingmaker being inferior to the tabletop version, so I devalued myself. Eventually I will rise up the ranks again.

Wow, didn't see this coming :p

The real question is: why hasn't he changed to Gold Coin, instead?

I think there's another registered user called "Gold Coin" already. So he is really stuck between Silver or Copper Coin :p

I think there's another registered user called "Gold Coin" already. So he is really stuck between Silver or Copper Coin :p
Ah but here's the plot twist he is also Gold Coin.:lol:

I think it is confusing to see silver coin, copper coin, and gold coin all of a sudden running around rpg watch.

To answer the question posed, "should people names change?"

No, I don't think so. This just makes things really confusing. Almost every forum I have ever been on forbids changing your user name just for these kinds of reasons. What people end up doing in other forums, if they are hell-bent on changing their name, is they just make another account and delete/drop their former account if they absolutely have to change their user name for whatever reason. Anyway, my 2 coppers.

That said, this is very trivial issue, not gonna lie. But yea, just a little bored at the moment, otherwise I would not have even bothered to comment. :bored:

In my experience most forums allow changing usernames if you request it, and some even allow you to do it directly from your account without asking for permission. It's harmless, and no more confusing than if I created a new account like you suggest.

As for Gold Coin, I was on vacation when he created his account and have no idea who he is.

OMG
:thumbup: that avatar!

I've no problem with users changing nicknames. I've done it on occasion (by irrationally deleting a current account, then regretting it and creating a new one). They are all pibburs, however.

What I do have problems with is people changing avatars very often. That's confusing, is it a new user or and old one. I mean, who is the couch these days? I have considered posting about this on the getting grumpy thread. :[

pibbur who actually is just a little, little, …,little bit troubled/annoyed by this, but sometimes he feels the need to exaggerate.

PS: My favourite avatar at the moment (except my own) is of course the one selected by the joxer. The eye had a good one when she was Sauron. And I've always liked Bowie. DS.

Last edited:
What I do have problems with is people changing avatars very often. That's confusing, is it a new user or and old one. I mean, who is the couch these days? I have considered posting about this on the getting grumpy thread.
Who am I how dare you not know my avatar.

It's the living messiah of Nod.

One of the greatest game series ever made.

Kane 2020?

"Peace through Power!"

Can't believe none of you played the Command and Conquer games.

Link - http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Kane

Kane would kill the competition in 2020 and make America greater then Trump.:cool:

Who am I how dare you not know my avatar.

It's the living messiah of Nod.

One of the greatest game series ever made.

Ahhh. I remember now. Haven't played the games (I've bought them, of course), but I recognize mr Kane now.

pibbur who isn't likely to change his avatar anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom