Elder Scrolls VI - Still in Design Phase

Without modding, my hours played would be in the 200-300 range, not 2000+ :D

Without modding, I don't think I'd last more than 30-40 hours in most of their games. The only exception was Morrowind, but that's because I played it back before the mod scene exploded. There's no way I could play it now without mods.

Yeah, I just can't help myself now. I know I modded Fallout 4 before finishing it because, like many, I hated the daddy/mommy story.

Yeah, I just can't help myself now. I know I modded Fallout 4 before finishing it because, like many, I hated the daddy/mommy story.
You just have an aversion to story in RPGs. Just admit it.:lol:

Still yeah without mods I don't think I would ever finish a Bethesda game. They know that as well and that's why the engine hasn't deviated that far from the original.

Now if it was EA they wouldn't care. They hate modding.

I like Vilja's story somewhat; though it was silly. I really like Inigo's story too. I enjoyed the bits with Serana also, but dawn guard was mostly a miss. I liked the old werewolf's story, but not the companions as a whole. I thought Bethesda struck out by cutting all that stuff too short. The restored Civil War mod was decent. Beth should have left it in the game and fleshed it out more.

Bethesda should hire a real writer; preferably someone who is a master of world lore. Rowling/Modesitt/etc. not any of the gaming dudes like Cain/Gaider/Avellonely.

Ooh, best game writing. The baron's story in W3. That was really good...in a mean drunken bastard kind of way.

\

Bethesda should hire a real writer; preferably someone who is a master of world lore. Rowling/Modesitt/etc. not any of the gaming dudes like Cain/Gaider/Avellonely.

They did, once upon a time: Ken Rolston.

They've chosen to go another direction since (building shit and shooting guns)

They did, once upon a time: Ken Rolston.

They've chosen to go another direction since (building shit and shooting guns)
Wasn't he working on a new RPG like Morrowind. As I seem to recall he mentioned that in interviews & news-bits, but never shared any concrete details about that game.

As for writing in Bethesda games that area was always the weakest.:nod:

I think Bethesda already does a pretty good job when it comes to lore. It's the quests and characters where their writing is weak.

I simply don't care about Elder Scrolls VI anymore. I can't take a company seriously that doesn't develop its major brand for 10 years.

So wake me up when it's finished.

I simply don't care about Elder Scrolls VI anymore. I can't take a company seriously that doesn't develop its major brand for 10 years.

Well in their defense they are working on multiple games not just Elder Scrolls. I'm happy they want to try new IPs instead of making the same game every 6-10 years.:)

Well in their defense they are working on multiple games not just Elder Scrolls. I'm happy they want to try new IPs instead of making the same game every 6-10 years.:)

If only that was what they've been doing. I don't count Elder Scroll Lootbox Mobile Extravaganza or whatever as a new IP. All they do is Fallout and Elder Scrolls, and I also think it's lame that they're going to let 10-12 years go by in between Elder Scrolls games.

Starfield put a wrench in those plans. :)

It's their first new IP in many years. If it wasn't for that game which took most of their resources, I'm sure Elder Scrolls 6 would off been out by now otherwise.

I don't need to post the info again but it took a collaboration of four studios. Also don't forget that Fallout 76 and Elder Scrolls Online are still getting new expansions/content.

So yeah they are busy. Just not making single-player Fallout or Elder Scroll games.

Yeah I don't blame you both but Bethesda has shifted priorities. As for me I want another Fallout but I don't expect another till 2030 at best. Hope I live a long life.

Anyway yeah I'm surprised Microsoft didn't pressure them more for Elder Scrolls 6.

Oh man, after the deplorable Fallout four and then that ridiculous online abomination, that's a franchise that is a franchise that has literally ceased to exist for me. I cringe at the mere thought of another Fallout, unless it was done by an entirely new company with many new folk at the helm. And even then I'd be seriously worried.

And I say this as someone that adored the first two games, loved tactics, and accepted the third for what it was. After that, it went off the cliff, and continued to fall right off the damn planet, into oblivion.

I'm more interested in Fallout than TES tbh, but yeah, it's the same thing there. Fallout 4 is already 6 years old now, and they haven't even announced the next single-player FO game yet.

Well, I'm in that boat too. I really don't care about Bethesda except as a vessel for TES. Even the Fallout franchise is of only moderate interest to me. That's mostly because I vastly prefer fantasy to sc-fi or post apoc.

Most of my pro-Bethesda spiel is to rile folks up ;)

Ooh, best game writing. The baron's story in W3. That was really good…in a mean drunken bastard kind of way.
Was it really the story, or more the presentation that made it good? It is hard to distinguish sometimes, at least for me.

Many modern games I consider quite bland with an uninteresting story, but I think in reality it is just the presentation being lackluster (+ being drowned in openworld content). I'm fine with a run-off-the-mill story but give it some attitude and a coherent creative execution.

@ilm; Yeah, I don't separate presentation and story in my mind. I take it as a whole. How did it make me feel? I don't really cogitate on it more than that. I spare that type of thinking for much more important things in life. Movies/games/sports/etc. and other leisure activities only get surface attention. I only have 2K of ram in my brain and it gets flashed when I sleep :biggrin:

Also brain lag.

People say they have to be modded etc...but I think if they could spend an infinite time making the game they would have most mod things in there or at least something similar.

I think providing the tools to allow a robust modding community allows the games to live a lot longer and have newer tech added as it goes.

Back
Top Bottom