The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I spent some time with Adam and the Ants today, starting with Prince Charming, then Friend or Foe, and concluding with one of my favorite albums of all time, Strip. Really great stuff, this guy was a genius at his craft, and how can you tell? Although I despise him as a vocalist, Phil Collins is no slouch at drumming or producing, and he shows up quite often, as do some of the folks from Abba. Again, not a band I care for, yet you don't attract people like these if you don't have the chops.

An under appreciated and viewed indie rock band.

Wellmess feat Tommy Ljungberg Beyond Elysium

Sounds like Sabbath, Hendrix, Soundgarden, and Audioslave mixed together.

I took to the porch this evening with two of Ozzy's finest offerings: Blizzard of Oz, and Diary of a Madman. Four decades later and they are both still scrumptious masterpieces!!!

I do now have an image of you sitting on your porch, sharing your record collection with the neighborhood. :p

I think this is fucking brilliant.

Not usually a fan of her and her music but that song borders on rock. Not bad.:)

Yeah, it's not all my cup of tea. I just think she's the real deal, and is the first person I've seen for a while that actually seems like some kind of rock star (even it's not exactly rock).

Foo Fighters and their fans - love it.

Last edited:
I saw their show from Chicago a few weeks ago, Foo Fighters still have good chops. Watching Grohl drum again was awesome!

Today I took some Smiths out to the porch, with the perfect summertime album, Meat is Murder. Then the heat chased me back indoors!

Dream Theater are releasing their next album, "A View From the Top of the World" on the 22th of October. I think they recorded it sooner than originally planned due to not being able to tour during the pandemic.

Today they released the first single, "The Alien":

I don't know what to think. As usual, the instrumental parts are very good (methinks). But the song??? I'm not talking about the performance of mr LaBrie, but the melody - or perhaps the lack of melody. Maybe my experience will improve over time, but I have the same problem with their previous record, "Distance over Time".

pibbur who can wait until October 22th.

Last edited:
One band that never disappoint me are Motorpsycho, who released "Kingdom of Oblivion" their 26th album (depending on how you count them) this year, eight monhts after their previous one.

Here's the title track:

pibbuR who will always "Trust Motorpsycho"

PS. Seems like I haven't paid enough attention to their previous album, The All is One. Here's N.O.X. IV:
. Now I've given the carnifex yet another hint abouy things he should listen to.

Regarding the cover. It's their 3rd album with cover made by the Norwegian painter Håkon Gullvåg (one of my favourite painters). DS.

Last edited:
Not usually a fan of her and her music but that song borders on rock. Not bad.:)

Ms Eilish is one example of music I think is good, but don't particularly like. Too slow and too soft. This one was more to my liking.

As is this one:

pibbur who has several other examples which he may or may not reveral to the watch.

I love a good theme album, so today I took Songs in the Key of X to the porch, and had a good time. Soul Coughing, Nick Cave, the Almighty Fighters of Foo, Frank Black and many others, what's not to love!

There's no such thing as "too much reverb"
I think you have well and truly converted. Welcome! :) You've got 30 years of stuff to discover for the first time. I'm terribly jealous.

Let's try a few, shall we?

This one is just so damn beautiful but it needs another verse or two.

Perhaps something a little more sludgey?

Back
Top Bottom