Torchlight II - The Charge Bar, launching "shortly after Diablo 3"?

Once I get Diablo 3, everything else just gets put on my "bargain bin watch list" for future reference only…
This.

When Diablo 3 comes out, every single game is going to be ignored and not only Diablo clones. The 20$ price tag or LAN play or… will not mean anything at all, because most of the people who are going to buy TL2 are the same people who are going to buy D3.
If people have Diablo 3 to play with, they won't need to buy Torchlight 2 at day 1. They'll just play Diablo 3 until they get bored, or get an special offer for Torchlight 2. Runic games will lose day 1 sales.

This.

When Diablo 3 comes out, every single game is going to be ignored and not only Diablo clones. The 20$ price tag or LAN play or… will not mean anything at all, because most of the people who are going to buy TL2 are the same people who are going to buy D3.
If people have Diablo 3 to play with, they won't need to buy Torchlight 2 at day 1. They'll just play Diablo 3 until they get bored, or get an special offer for Torchlight 2. Runic games will lose day 1 sales.

Diablo 3 will play on my laptop, but not on my wife's. However, Torchlight 2 should run no problem (as the first torchlight did). Spending $40 for us, and not having to worry about system specs and an internet connection is a lot more appealing, then spending $120, buying her a new laptop, and worrying about a persistent internet connection all the time. I'm sure they'll have a pre-order sale too like Torchlight 1. People will login to steam one day, see the pre-order price of $14.99 and eat it up like hotcakes. Most people with credit cards have a good habit of doing that.

When Diablo 3 comes out, every single game is going to be ignored and not only Diablo clones.

You can't be serious with that statement. I know plenty of people who have zero interest in Diablo 3, myself included.

I'm sure Diablo 3 is going to be a money maker for Blizzard, but the entire gaming world isn't coming to a standstill because of it.

I have to agree. Their entire fan base is going to be off playing Diablo 3. The release will be completely lost in the shuffle.

And those too cheap (or broke) to buy either will be playing Path of Exile for free.

And those too cheap (or broke) to buy either will be playing Path of Exile for free.

I hope people support Path Of Exile. It is a better game even in beta in every way than D3.

I'm looking forward to this more then diablo 3 due to the fact I don't have to be online to play...regardless I will most likely play both and I have played path of exile.

Path of Exile is ok, but it will get boring fast. It is just too much like playing the infinite dungeon in torchlight 1. Right from the start, you get the feel of how the incremental pattern of the game progresses. As soon as you stop playing a few days later, you will not be compelled to bother going back to it.

But free is a nice incentive, and the game did not look like it was throwing a bunch of item shop crap in your face the whole time.

I'm not seeing that at all. That is how these games work and Diablo 3 will be no different, I estimate I have about 20 hours in and most of that has been running different build through hardcore. My last build was a 2 handed fist weapon build(think Diablo 2 assassin). I have, like 6 armor. But I have tons of evasion points and I have been following the dual wield tree and am just plowing through bosses even. I hardly get hit. I like the aura's too that give you and your party extra damage. The nice thing about this game is you can follow any skill tree and use any skill. I could make a brawler who uses a bow and can raise the dead or a battlemage who does mele. It's tons of fun especially the idea of these hardcore leagues of which you will be able to start your own with ladders.

You can't be serious with that statement. I know plenty of people who have zero interest in Diablo 3, myself included.

I'm sure Diablo 3 is going to be a money maker for Blizzard, but the entire gaming world isn't coming to a standstill because of it.
Oh, but I'm very serious. It's not the first time a Blizzard game is going to have a tremendous effect on the gaming market and even the stock. Diablo 3 may not be as big as WoW, but I think it'll be a lot more successful than Starcraft 2.
SC2 was a huge hit and affected both PC/console gaming market and the stock in a big way.
SC2 was released on July 27th, it sold only for 4 days during that month and raised PC game sales to a whopping 203% (103% increase in PC game sales, July 2010 compared with July 2009). Most of those sales were SC2 sales. If we subtract SC2 sales, other PC game sales were a lot less than July 2009. And yes, SC2 sold for 4 days during July, but we are comparing it with games which had the whole month.

Why not launching simultaneously with Diablo? Raise the bar! :D

I hope torchlight 2 is good, but so far nothing seems to compare at all to the diablo games.

For example, in Path of Exile, I killed the final boss of Act 1 without even realizing it until after it was dead, and I was playing on hardcore. It felt like every other trivial mob of the game. On the other hand, the final boss in Act 1 of Diablo 2 was very memorable, and I remember many times gathering up people to take it down very carefully in hardcore.

I hope torchlight 2 is good, but so far nothing seems to compare at all to the diablo games.

For example, in Path of Exile, I killed the final boss of Act 1 without even realizing it until after it was dead, and I was playing on hardcore. It felt like every other trivial mob of the game. On the other hand, the final boss in Act 1 of Diablo 2 was very memorable, and I remember many times gathering up people to take it down very carefully in hardcore.

No one would argue the awesomeness of Diablo 2, but what does that have to do with POE versus D3?

Back
Top Bottom