Serpent in the Staglands - A New Isometric RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Serpent in the Staglands is a new isometric party-based CRPG being developed by Whalenought Studios. They are asking for $10,000 on Kickstarter.

The good news is the game is already half-funded with twenty eight days left. Now here is the usual pitch video below, and a short description of the game.

The vision for Serpent in the Staglands is a mix of the addictive build customization of ARPGs and party control and role-playing elements of games like Baldur's Gate and Darklands. A throwback to cRPGs of the past with fresh new role playing designs and combat mechanics.

During your search as a god's mortal avatar, you'll plunge into the Stagland's deep combat and open world exploration. Skills, spells, and aptitudes can be individually customized for up to five different party members of your choosing. With an expansive variety of build options and branching paths to choose from, the game will offer significant personalization and replayability.
More information.

To me it looks pretty good; like a game I'd want to play. It's almost like a retro game experience: the graphics are circa Fallout era, and the combat reminds me of Baldur's Gate. The one thing obviously missing are shadows.

Would benefit from a turn-based system. The isometric camera angle gives lot of tactical info and begs for TB.

I'd pledge for Hannah alone. Yeah, I said it.
Well at least your honest.;)

As for me I will back the game because it looks promising. The game should be able to get at least $30,000, and more by the time it ends.

Just enough to get three of the four stretch goals I like. I don't care about the last one as it's to make the game Co-op. Some of you might though.

Update: They revised the stretch goals, and the Co-op goal is now gone.

0d5f68f860c98cffeabd0ebf108b774a_large.png

Last edited:
Just enough to get three of the four stretch goals I like. I don't care about the last one as it's to make the game Co-op. Some of you might though.

I know it is selfish on my part but I actually hope they don't make the last goal so they don't waste any time on co-op.

I know it is selfish on my part but I actually hope they don't make the last goal so they don't waste any time on co-op.

Well, technically it's not wasted time since the extra funding would be used to pay for the additional coding. I suppose it could mean a longer development cycle though.

Game looks good, I am backing and I am also not interested in co-op and I hope they don't reach it since it takes lot of time and resources to integrate it.

Back
Top Bottom