Microsoft - Working On New Strategy Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to intern reports Microsoft is funding development of a new "Beloved" strategy game for Windows, and of course the Xbox consoles.
Microsoft Game Studios are currently developing the 'next installment in a beloved strategy game franchise', according to a number of listings on their careers site.

According to the posts, the company's Decisive Games team, which 'is focused on world class strategy game development', is hiring three senior software engineers to work on its latest project.

The job listings go on to request applicants with 'familiarity of Direct X11 or Xbox 360/Xbox One rendering APIs', effectively confirming a release on both PC and Xbox consoles.

The studio is hiring a generalist game development engineer and a senior tools engineer, but perhaps the most significant listing is a post for a senior client-server network engineer. This listing confirms a significant multiplayer component to the game, with successful applicants being responsible for 'leading the networking and multiplayer aspects of gameplay, including both the real-time gameplay networking solution as well as supporting out-of-band systems such as matchmaking and grouping.'

The identity of the RTS game in question has yet to be confirmed. Some fans are speculating that it could potentially be a follow-up to 2008's Halo Wars. Which strategy series sequel would you like to see Microsoft release?
Hopefully it wont be another phone game or F2P browser game.

Link - http://powerupgaming.co.uk/articles/493-microsoft-working-on-beloved-strategy-game

I find the fact that it's supposed to be released for consoles as well as PC a bit worrying. Generally when RTSs gets released on consoles, they have to simplify a lot of things to make them work with a controller.

Is there any chance this is a new Master of Magic game?? o_O
No its more than likely another Age of Empire game or Halo RTS game.

What, people refused to play for Age of Empires online scam so now...
Peh.

BattleZone 3 confirmed!! (I wish)

Yeah, I’m not going to be bothering with some age of empires spin off, that just cash in on a known name. Maybe if more companies actually cared about their old-school IPs rather than slack it on every piece of shovelware, I would be excited.

I'd just about bet it's Age of Empires. Meh.

Back
Top Bottom