|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Bruma Mod Launch Announcement

Default Skyrim - Bruma Mod Launch Announcement

June 13th, 2017, 06:09
Beyond Skyrim: Bruma is a content rich mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim which will launch on the first of July.

loading…

The time has finally arrived. We're pleased to announce that Beyond Skyrim: Bruma, the first part of Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil, will officially launch on the 1st of July, 2017.

The return to the Heartland begins in July.

Beyond Skyrim: Bruma will release for PC on Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition. An Xbox One version will be released at a later date. No PS4 version can be released due to Sony's policy on mod assets.

Pre-release copies of the mod may be offered to journalists, press, YouTubers and others. For press inquiries, please contact us at [email protected].

Full development on the remainder of Cyrodiil is proceeding at a rapid pace. Anyone interested in joining the development team should post here, in our General Signup Thread: https://www.darkcreations.org/forums/…

Fans and prospective new recruits alike should also consider joining our Discord server for the latest news on Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil as well as all the other projects in the Beyond Skyrim collaboration: https://discord.gg/979zVy6

And follow us on Facebook for the latest development updates: https://www.facebook.com/BeyondSkyrim…
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

June 13th, 2017, 06:17
Interesting. I used to be an avid follower of the modding forums over at Bethesda but I;ve kind of dropped the ball on the modding scene over the last year or two. Good to see it's still alive and kicking

--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

June 13th, 2017, 06:34
Is there an actual plot associated with this mod, or are they just making stuff? Just curious.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 13th, 2017, 11:24
There is a companion/story/quest mod called "Rigmor of Bruma" and it's epic! I mean, author had to struggle with the puny Skyrim engine but still…
I have to check it but, if this guy is involved, mod will have the plot AND the story.
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." — H. L. Mencken

zahratustra

SasqWatch

June 13th, 2017, 15:12
Looks interesting. That trailer almost put me to sleep though
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

June 13th, 2017, 15:57
I've tried several of these "Beyond" mods and they're quite generic. He adds locations, but no real story to go with it. Rigmor of Bruma is altogether different. That has a pretty long storyline, quests, training, etc.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

+1:

June 13th, 2017, 17:24
Like you said it sounds very generic, just like most other mods. Besides it won't be compatible with the fantastic mod Requiem which delevels the world and turns the game more into a RPG.

souha13

Sentinel

June 13th, 2017, 18:01
It's probably compatible, but Requiem would not affect the new areas. I don't see how level scaling has any effect whatsoever on increasing the RPG level. Not sure where you get that idea. Does combat equal RPG to you? Is Doom a RPG because of monster difficulty?
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

June 13th, 2017, 18:30
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
It's probably compatible, but Requiem would not affect the new areas. I don't see how level scaling has any effect whatsoever on increasing the RPG level. Not sure where you get that idea. Does combat equal RPG to you? Is Doom a RPG because of monster difficulty?
Requiem which delevels the world and turns the game more into a RPG.
Requiem does much more than delevelling the world and the aim is to make the game focused more on classical RPG elements. Develling the world has in my opinion is just but one of the changes but it has a great effect on the world. It makes it seem more believeable and you can easier become immersed.

souha13

Sentinel

June 14th, 2017, 02:38
Is it one of those paid mods or an official DLC?
--
"… thing about Morrowind is we did far more than we could, far less polished than we should. It's a miracle that it works at all… there's too much, and it's like jazz… a product like Oblivion - far better software… but Morrowind… oh there's so much delicious nonsense in that." ~ words of wisdom by K.Rolston

luj1

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Bruma Mod Launch Announcement