Ash of Gods - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Ash of Gods: Redemption has released on Steam and GOG.

About This Game

Ash of Gods: Redemption is a turn-based RPG that combines tactical combat, CCG elements, and a constantly evolving story in which no one is safe from death, including the main characters.

GAMEPLAY

Ash of Gods is the story of three separate protagonists rising in response to a centuries-old menace once thought to be mere folklore.

Ash of Gods’ storyline is constantly evolving in response to players’ choices, sometimes even resulting in death. But, the death of a character is not game over. Instead, the story moves forward with the death of that character and previous choices continuing to impact future events.

Combat in Ash of Gods is a blend of both traditional turn-based strategy and CCG gameplay. While individual tactics will depend upon the skills and classes of your characters, you will unlock and accumulate cards that have the power to unleash powerful abilities, sometimes altering the course of an entire battle.

WHAT MAKES ASH OF GODS UNIQUE

• Decisions with Major Impacts
Every decision, whether on or off the battlefield, has the capacity to alter the course of events and the fate of your party with major repercussions. But, even the death of your leader is not the end of your journey.

• No Random Dice Rolls
There are no dice throws to determine chance-to-hit or the force of a blow. In Ash of Gods, true tacticians must master the skills of their classes and harness the powers granted by their limited supplies of cards, or suffer the consequences.

• AI that Adapts to You
Ash of Gods’ AI adapts to your style of play to ensure a consistently challenging experience with no room for cheap tactics or invincible team builds.

• PvP Multiplayer
Challenge other players and compete for a spot on the leaderboards. Unlock new characters, upgrades, and cards to customize your tactics even further.

• Rewards for Risk
Expend your own HP for a last-ditch attack. Go into battle with a smaller team to get better cards and quicker rounds. Take the shorter, but more dangerous route to save on resources. Ash of Gods rewards those willing to take the risks.
More information.

Last edited:
Why do some people have a problem with Steam? And how does the game work without dice? Does every attack hit given the right stats and deliver a consistent damage value? Dice rolls exist to simulate real world variables that could impact an outcome. Seems anti climatic to not have variables in combat.

Why do some people assume steam runs on every computer ?

Why do some people have a problem with Steam? And how does the game work without dice? Does every attack hit given the right stats and deliver a consistent damage value? Dice rolls exist to simulate real world variables that could impact an outcome. Seems anti climatic to not have variables in combat.

Because unless you have some odd XP fetish it does. I think I know where this is all headed now ha ha

Since you guys live in the same city, you should kiss and make up.

On topic:
Normally, I'd buy any game where the dev posts here frequently, but not if it's multiplayer, cartoon, and PVP. Hopefully this has a market, but I'm definitely not it.

Wow that escalated quickly.
I thought everyone here was mature enough to know that some people think Steam is an abomination, an affront to personal freedom, and the most widespread and insidious virus ever created...

And some other people love it.

I resisted Steam for a long time, mainly because you don't actually "own" your Steam games, and because I resented having to install and run their platform to launch games. But at this point it's much too convenient not to install it, I can run most games without running Steam, and a lot of games can actually be duplicated and run outside the client entirely.

Re: Ash of Globs, I'm immediately suspicious when an immersive, party-based combat RPG suddenly has multiplayer too. Makes you wonder if they can do it right, and moreso why they did it at all.

Also, anyone who loves Steam is a dick! And anybody who doesn't use it is some kind of backwards weirdo!

This looks veeeery similar to Banner Saga. I thought it was the same developer at first glance.

Lots of people say that. They are not connected or affiliated, its in the FAQ on their website and the Stoic Team (developers of Banner) endorse them.

My preferred platform is good old games because I enjoy actually owning the games. I've come around and accepted steam for what it is, but it remains my second go to platform. I'm hip deep in games right now, but because this one reminds me so much of the Banner Saga, I will certainly be buying it.

Given a choice I will *always* pick GoG over Steam, but I have no problems adding to my (extensive) Steam library either.

I am following the game's word of mouth closely, and will likely be picking it up if it isn't too negative in the wrong ways. I don't mind it using the Banner Saga's style and don't consider that a negative.

This looks veeeery similar to Banner Saga.
Which is the sad reason I will skippit.

About GOG vs Steam reasoning in my case is I usualy don't care and go with any option. :)
For example I have TW3 on GOG because CDpr offered a discount if previous two were there. KCD on Steam because kickstarter backers received the key on Steam not on GOG. While I bought TitS games on GOG, I bought the first ToCS game on Steam then I bought the second on Steam too because I didn't know if the savegame from the first game will work on GOG version etc.
I'm saying IMO using Steam or GOG is pretty much irrelevant, you're good with any. Unlike uPlay, Origin and RSC. On those platforms I buy only games that use their DRM. For example AC:O I bought directly on uPlay not on Steam because I don't want two overlapping DRMs. Same goes for GTA5 which I bought directly on RSC.

Last edited:
I thought everyone here was mature enough to know that some people think Steam is an abomination, an affront to personal freedom, and the most widespread and insidious virus ever created…

Nope didn’t realize that hating Steam was a “thing”. Not sure what that has to do with maturity. These are just video games.

I thought everyone here was mature enough to know that some people think Steam is an abomination, an affront to personal freedom, and the most widespread and insidious virus ever created…

Umm, no, that would be the U.S. government. <waits for Homeland Security to arrive>

Thanks, grabbed it from good old games!!! Not sure when I'll get to it but when I'm ready, it will be there. Right now I'm hoping to simply get to playing it before Banner Saga three is released =p.

Back
Top Bottom