Gaming BS of the week

I've edited the title but the forum engine is such it doesn't apply.

Fixed.

*sigh*

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...wrong-over-star-wars-battlefront-2-loot-boxes
EA's chief design officer Patrick Söderlund has addressed Star Wars Battlefront 2's highly controversial implementation of loot boxes, saying that the publisher "got it wrong", and "can't afford to make similar mistakes" in the future.
Seriously? What about gambling scams in existing titles like Izzy's design shop in Sims Mobile? It's there to stay I guess. Yes I did write a feedback on sims forums so you can't say noone told you it's there.
So here's a middlefinger, pal.

http://blog.bioware.com/2018/04/16/studio-update-from-casey-hudson/
When I returned to BioWare last summer, Mass Effect: Andromeda had just been released and there was a significant movement among players asking for a story DLC that would answer questions surrounding the fate of the quarians. As you know, we were not able to deliver story DLC for Andromeda—this was as frustrating for us as it was for players, and it was something we knew we had to solve in future games.
This is unfuckingbelievable. Not just me but plenty of ME fans wrote on the EA answers which is EA's official forum - we don't want ME4 DLC but bugs fixed asap and ME5 instead.
What damned "frustrating for players" Andromeda DLC is Casey Hudson talking about I don't know. Probably some whatnot asked by Twitter drones - as Bioware lately reads only social networks egotripping.
Here's a middlefinger to you too Casey.

Is this going to be EA's month full of bullshit?

I should probabnly call last few days as PCG's week of plain bullshit.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-gaming-cpus-processors/
The best CPU for gaming and other tasks per this site is i9. Bitcoin mining much?

Well, to be fair, they don't recommend the I9 for gaming:

"Core i9 costs more than twice as much as the mainstream Core i7 parts like the 8700K. Is it really the best choice for extreme gaming PCs?

In terms of value, Core i9 absolutely falls short. The Core i7-8700K is generally the fastest processor for gaming purposes. There are a few games where the additional cores and threads help the i9 pull ahead, but most current games still won't tax much more than a 4-core/4-thread processor, let alone the 6-core/12-thread i7-8700K. But if you want a PC that can game and still have resources for other tasks available, or if you want a gaming PC you can also use for professional work, Core i9 makes sense.
"

pibbur who agrees that an i5 is more than sufficient for gaming, but will buy an i7 for his next PC because of other things he wants to do. Or an i9 if he wins in LOTTO.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, Arkham Knight was also playable out of the box.
The point is not buggy releases. It happens, you saw Ys8 being playable out of the box, yet released in horrible state yesterday.
The point is leaving the game in such state and not fixing thousands of bugs. Why? Because critics journalists like it. That one up there admitted their love for broken games.

For the record: I deleted my response to your post as I found what I wrote irrelevant (BS?).

pibbur

That was some hilarious BS. I agree that the story speaks for itself, no comments necessary.

pibbur who sadly has never been given any promotional money, but who freely recommends … a few unmentionable games the joxer doesn't like.

I have difficulty imagining either Pibbur or Joxer doing insincere grinning promotional material for money..

New Flash - most streamers and so-called "influencers" ARE morons. Which says something even worse for their audience... Well except for those who like watching car and train wrecks. Sickos. ;)

Someone could say it ain't about gaming, however…
https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...ages-chat-rcs-anil-sabharwal-imessage-texting

Google has been quietly corralling every major cellphone carrier on the planet into adopting technology to replace SMS. It’s going to be called “Chat,” and it’s based on a standard called the “Universal Profile for Rich Communication Services.” SMS is the default that everybody has to fall back to, and so Google’s goal is to make that default texting experience on an Android phone as good as other modern messaging apps.

Chat is not a new texting app. Instead, think of it more like a new set of features inside the app already installed on most Android phones. “Chat” is the consumer-friendly name for Rich Communication Services (RCS), the new standard that’s meant to supplant SMS, and it will automatically be turned on inside Android Messages, the OS’s default app for texting.
When people begin using Chat, they’ll get many features that are standard in any other texting app, including read receipts, typing indicators, full-resolution images and video, and group texts.

So why is this here? Because I do message friends about games including sending screenshots and stuff. Via Viber.
I'm not saying everyone should use Viber, there are several other options like Facebook (can't remember the name of it's messaging app, something like "whassup"), Wine, etc.

So why is Google now inventing the warm water if there are different solutions on the market already? Kill me if I know. All I know is that people don't need more spyware.

Pretty much everyone I talk to has moved onto the Signal app, which can do all of that, and is highly secure. With group messaging and media sharing, it replaces the need for any Facebook rubbish.

You'll say probably just as I did, their property, they can do whatever they want.
https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-blocks-eldewrito-the-player-made-halo-online-mod/
Microsoft blocks ElDewrito, the player-made Halo Online mod

Following the release of its 0.6 update last week, Microsoft has "initiated actions" against ElDewrito, the player-made Halo Online mod. The move is designed to "protect its Halo intellectual property."

But it's not why that article ended up in this thread. It's this:
The post concludes: "One thing remains clear—the community really wants more Halo on PC. As we look ahead, we’re very excited about the prospects of an official classic Halo experience making its way to PC and we hope to be able to partner with the ElDewrito team and broader mod and content creation community to help inform the types of experiences and features our fans desire. While we have nothing to announce today, please know that the PC community is very important to us and top of mind as we work towards the future." *
Bwahauhhauahauhauhaaauauha
Seriously M$? From such rich company I'd expect trolling of better quality than Codex amateurs.

Is EA going to stop with BS soon? I dare to say it's possibly the biggest bullshit so far in this year. Usually I'd link a written article, but this YongYea guy made (again?) a more detailed video on it than other sources.

The EA statement in the video is supposed to be a response to Belgium gambling authority who ruled lootboxes being illegal in that country with pretty much clear difference what is and what isn't - a videogame:
https://www.theguardian.com/games/2...ht-to-legislate-against-video-game-loot-boxes
“We must ensure that children and adults are not presented with games of chance when they are looking for fun in a video game.”

Or directly from Belgium gaming commision site:
https://www.gamingcommission.be/opencms/opencms/jhksweb_en/gamingcommission/news/news_0061.html
The Gaming Commission has reached the conclusion that paying loot boxes are games of chance. If these are operated further, a criminal approach is indicated. Since the phenomenon goes farther than the 4 games analysed, the Gaming Commission is making a number of recommendations for both those responsible for the policy, the game manufacturers, the game platforms and the licensors such as FIFA.

Peter Naessens, Director at the Gaming Commission: “Paying loot boxes are no innocent component of video games which present themselves as a game of skill. Players are tempted and misled by them and none of the protective measures for games of chance are applied. Now that it has become clear that children and vulnerable persons in particular are being exposed to this without any protection, the game producers, and also the parties involved, are called upon to put a stop to this practice.”

Sorry man, can't. What I can is to sniff out another major BS and it's metacritic's "professional" critics.

It's a phonegame case of pro/user reviews disparity just like with phone version of Dungeon Keeper.
But this time a game comes from Warner (whatta surprise):
http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/harry-potter-hogwarts-mystery
Cca overall 7/10 for a scam falsely advertised as RPG that should be burnt on stake?

Never heard of Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery? Well now you did. Here's a video "review" as those written ones from metacritic lie and bullshit in your face:

Thank god for you Jim. And for amazing subtitles ment for hearing impaired that are in fact very useful so the volume can be set down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom