HOMM III HD - Pre-Orders Available on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces you can now pre-order Heroes of Might and Magic III HD.

Heroes of Might and Magic III HD Edition is Now Available on Steam!

Do you remember all those sleepless nights spent fighting Black Dragons and Archangels, Demons and Necromancers? Were you a true fan of Heroes® of Might & Magic® III? We have great news for you!

The most popular Heroes® title of all time is back in HD! Fifteen years later, rediscover the epic tale of Queen Catherine Ironfist, as she re-embarks on her critically acclaimed quest to unite her ravaged homeland and re-conquer the kingdom of Erathia.

Forge the destinies of mighty and magical heroes, leading fantastic and ferocious creatures in a game that still stands today as the landmark opus of the Might & Magic: Heroes’ franchise.

Heroes® of Might & Magic® III is a turn-based strategy game, originally released in February 1999.
More information.

I thought they already did a HD remake of this a few years ago. Must have gotten it confused with one of the hundreds other HD remakes.

Probably was but this HD Edition was announced back in November.

played this title back in the day,is there any reason to purchase and play again other that its in HD now?

I would say no as Ubisoft admitted they lost some assets for the game, and stated they probably won't give the expansion packs the same HD treatment.

I don't even want to think of the hours I have spent playing this game. I had a copy on my office computer even and would play after work right until the morning when people would be starting work in the AM. All of my buddies had it and we would all drag our systems over to someone's house and play all weekend long.

This being said I can't see ordering it in HD, I think a couple years ago I bought it just to have it again.

15€ for this old game that even gets the letterbox treatment instead of going widescreen?!

I love HoM&M games (specially the second one). But this one looks like just a quick cash grab.

Oh the memories...fantastic game. But to play it today without the expansions would just be silly...

I love HoM&M games (specially the second one). But this one looks like just a quick cash grab.

My assumption is that the PC HD release is just 'marketing' and the REAL thing is that it is coming to the iPad and Android at the end of January. They can use these things to push awareness and hype for HOMM VII

There is a mod to let you play all the expansions in HD. Horn of the Abyss just came out and you should really try this mod. I downloaded it this weekend and have already played 5 maps all the way thru. The HD mod and new expansion has given me the fever all over again.

Side note: HoMM3 is one of my favorite games of all time and I still remember the day I bought it, March 3, 1999. I took 3 days off work. :)

no expansion pack treatment makes this a moot point since the original binary works just fine to this day.

I hope that this is not an reboot ???

I'm not buying phonegames.

Would pay for basegame restoration right now if I didn't know they'll use my cash to fund phonegames. Well, for that, go milk phonegame lovers. Meanwhile I'll spend my cash on whores and booze. At least something that is fun unlike their phones.

Would pay for basegame restoration right now if I didn't know they'll use my cash to fund phonegames. Well, for that, go milk phonegame lovers. Meanwhile I'll spend my cash on whores and booze. At least something that is fun unlike their phones.

Oh will you pLEASE just shut the fuck up about this already you moronic troll! Ugh.

Didn't you buy Chaos Rings though? =)

Back
Top Bottom