Looking for a new game.

kellyxxx

Traveler
Hi all. For years I played Asherons call till last year when it shut down. For the past year I've been playing Project Gorgon. I'm now looking for a new game but the movement in game must be by cursor or AWDS keys. I want a game where the mouse is only used to examine items. Can anybody suggest such a game please?

I played that years ago was looking for something newer.

Looking for MMO that won't bust your wallet?
Go League of Legends or go home. :p

As far as I know, most of the older MMO games can be configured to use keyboard to a certain extent (WoW, LotRO, etc). But if Asheron's Call was your thing, what about going really old school, and trying Everquest (which if I recall, could be played mostly with keyboard).

Was hoping for something a bit newer and for the right game I can go to a monthly subscription.

If you've not tried Project Gorgon, it finally arrived on steam, so maybe that would be something you'd enjoy. I think the kickstarter happened some time in 2015, took a while to get to steam, so if an early access project doesn't scare you, perhaps this might be interesting.

Been playing Project Gorgon for the last year, kinda bored with it. Played WoW for 2 weeks on a free trial did not like it. Tried LoTR but it was a WoW clone.

I'm still amazed at myself that I stuck with World of Warcraft for the entire five days that I did. Honestly, I couldn't get back to Everquest fast enough.

I'm not sure I understand the "I'm now looking for a new game but the movement in game must be by cursor or AWDS keys. I want a game where the mouse is only used to examine items."

Mouse is pretty much used for mouselook in everything that isn't isometric (and even then) so I'm not sure what "only used to examine items" means.

Saying that, how are your carpal tunnels? That is the difference between pre-2012 or post-2012 MMORPGs: how fast you destroy your hands because of all the twitchy action combat.

Well unless you go Wakfu, but that's isometric and turn-based.

Its just with newer games i found that the mouse is used to move the screen around. Project Gorgon was bad for that, as after you finished a combat you had to set the screen again. Using mouse always changed your view or moved your char to far or to close as there is no way to lock the screen. It was fine till you did some combat. Some games you use mouse to swing the screen to the direction you want to move in.

Back
Top Bottom