Apex Legends user review - a sort of

Which is very much about complexity and it's required level of INT.

Even so, it's not the same thing.

It goes beyond mere complexity.

However, you already know all you need to know from your informed friends.

What's the difference? Sounds like a cash grab? You lose all your Division 1 progress? Why isn't it just an expansion? I don't want to buy in to Division2 only to have to buy Division3 and start again!

You mean like you carry over progression from Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2? ;)

Ask your friends for the best answers :)

Well, the weapons are the "classes". They have quite a lot of depth and you won't be mastering them in a hurry. There's more than enough going on to keep you entertained. It's not easy to land the biggest damage hits in the most vulnerable monster areas.

So, that's a no - there are no powers or abilities.

Thought so. How boring and backwards.

Dare I say that it's far more sophisticated than pressing the "I win" button in Warframe or Anthem.

That's certainly one out of two :)

Even so, it's not the same thing.

It goes beyond mere complexity.

However, you already know all you need to know from your informed friends.
Well, you're being sarcastic again but "it's shit" really is all I need to know. Coming from a guy I played UO and WoW with who I couldn't get to buy Dark Souls.

You mean like you carry over progression from Dark Souls to Dark Souls 2? ;)

Ask your friends for the best answers :)
I would have liked the ability to import my character to Dark Souls 2!

You're my informant regarding Division 2! What's so sophisticated about this looter shooter?

So, that's a no - there are no powers or abilities.

Thought so. How boring and backwards.
It's not really a no. It's just the powers and abilities are built into the weapon movesets and require a combination of strikes to perform rather than being available with a single simple keystroke.

I mean, it's not a game about wizards with magic spells. It's more like fighters killing the Red Dragon and taking it's scales to the workshop to forge into a set of armour.

Yeah, there are powers that just aren't there.

I get it :)

As I said, if you trust people based on that level of information - I don't see any value in communicating about it. You're clearly not interested in factual information.

Well, you're not giving me any factual information!

You're just being butthurt and sarcastic saying "it's too sophisticated for a MHW player" then when I ask HOW it's sophisticated you give me a vague "setting and mechanics" for a reply.

At least I'm explaining how MHW combat is sophisticated with it's fantastic combat system. Having a button to do a super move isn't at all sophisticated. It's much more mechanically complex to perform a powerful combination without getting knocked on your arse in MHW.

One example I used once to demonstrate the complexity of the combat was from a patch addressing some bugs with the Lance weapon type.

Fixed a bug where pressing the right trigger + the B button after a Finishing Twin Thrust from a sliding charge would result in a High Thrust. This has been fixed so that it matches the attack flow of a regular charge into a Finishing Twin Thrust, so that a counter thrust now comes out instead.

Fixed a bug where, after performing a Mid Thrust upon landing from an Advancing Jump Thrust, the button guide would display Mid Thrust I instead of the proper name Mid Thrust II.

Fixed a bug where the game would perform a Guard Dash forward regardless of the direction the left stick is being pressed, if the right trigger and the Y button were pressed at the same time. This has been fixed so that even if the button inputs are slightly off, the Guard Dash will be performed in the direction the left stick is being pressed.

A few powers/abilities are clearly visible here. Finishing Twin Thrust, Sliding Charge, Advancing Jump Thrust, Guard Dash, etc, etc.

They're not magic spells they're fighter moves. They can do fighter things like stuns and knockdowns.

If only you knew the treasures available with a smarter approach :)

But you had to go and ruin that.

Oh, weapon moves are different. That's something, I guess. 14 weapons? Meh - but ok.

Look, don't worry about what my friend said about Division 1. He's a dick, anyway. He didn't even invite me to play with him on the free weekend. Maybe he did me a disservice saying it was shit. It was good enough to finish in 1 weekend, at any rate. He just didn't want to buy it after winning it, I guess.

It does have a good setting and good graphics and I've liked a lot of Tom Clancy games in the past ever since Ghost Recon.

I'd much rather hear what you have to say about Division 2 than judge it based off someone else's questionable experience with Division 1.

What are you talking about? What did I ruin?

You won't convince me MHW is a bad game. I've played a lot of melee combat systems and it's without a doubt one of the best.

I'm open minded about Division 2, but I feel like a $90 game should last longer than a weekend. A 20 hour campaign is pretty weak when the main storyline in MHW took me 100 hours and my total game time is 555 hours and counting. With the Witcher crossover coming soon as a free update the game just keeps getting better value.

What are you talking about? What did I ruin?

You won't convince me MHW is a bad game. I've played a lot of melee combat systems and it's without a doubt one of the best.

I'm open minded about Division 2, but I feel like a $90 game should last longer than a weekend. A 20 hour campaign is pretty weak when the main storyline in MHW took me 100 hours and my total game time is 555 hours and counting. With the Witcher crossover coming soon as a free update the game just keeps getting better value.

I haven't said MHW is a bad game, I've said it's not for me :)

What use do you have for Division 2 - if MHW is still going so strong?

If you want a fantastic alternative, play Anthem. Heck, play London 2038 and see how the genre began.

I bet you never tried it, right? Because your friends told you not to and you complied :)

Yeah, but, without playing MHW you went and implied MHW players couldn't handle the sophistication of The Division games, which is absolute rubbish and a bit insulting. Maybe even baiting a negative response?

You know full well there isn't a computer game out there which I'd find too difficult, in any respect. I'm even able to go and learn to use a new control device like a controller or HOTAS. You won't hear me complaining about poor M+KB support for a game designed to be played on a controller. I can adapt, I can learn new things.

It's not about being told not to play things. I just want people to play them with! If a game is interesting enough, like Dark Souls, MHW or most recently Ace Combat 7 then I'll play them alone but with a lot of games, especially co-op games, I'm more interested in having people to play with. That's why I bought Deep Rock Galactic just because we'd have a 3 man team but the game is rubbish.

I'm still interested in Anthem but not interested enough if I have to play solo and the campaign only lasts 20 hours.

Yeah, but, without playing MHW you went and implied MHW players couldn't handle the sophistication of The Division games, which is absolute rubbish and a bit insulting. Maybe even baiting a negative response?

That's a bit harsh.

Maybe I was just teasing you :)

You know full well there isn't a computer game out there which I'd find too difficult, in any respect. I'm even able to go and learn to use a new control device like a controller or HOTAS. You won't hear me complaining about poor M+KB support for a game designed to be played on a controller. I can adapt, I can learn new things.

Well…. There's always the easier content :)

It's not about being told not to play things. I just want people to play them with! If a game is interesting enough, like Dark Souls, MHW or most recently Ace Combat 7 then I'll play them alone but with a lot of games, especially co-op games, I'm more interested in having people to play with. That's why I bought Deep Rock Galactic just because we'd have a 3 man team but the game is rubbish.

I know what you mean. I lost my regular co-op group because of stupid shit.

In my experience, the ideal co-op partner is a girlfriend - but those seem to be hard to find for me at the moment. Maybe I've grown too picky.

I'm still interested in Anthem but not interested enough if I have to play solo and the campaign only lasts 20 hours.

The campaign is just the introduction. There's enough lore there to last hundreds of hours, though - and it's an ongoing thing.

But, it's true - it's not as fun playing alone.

That said, it's probably the first looter shooter I've enjoyed this much playing alone or with strangers.

That's saying something, seriously!

If I can enjoy this type of game alone, you will enjoy it twice as much at least.

Well, here's another sort-of-review for Apex Legends.
fhmsye72v8g21.jpg

Hard to understand: it is quite common for male players to take female characters.
This product set no trend.

Idiocy is the main driving force nowadays.

Four year college graduate. Free to become the person he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom