Neverwinter Nights: EE - DLC Dark Dreams of Furiae announced

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The DLC Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition Dark Dreams of Furiae has been announced for March 24:

Dark Dreams of Furiae

Dark Dreams of Furiae is a fantasy RPG module for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition. The characters and events of this module coincide with the official Dungeons & Dragons tabletop campaign, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus.

Features

• 10 hours of brand new gameplay for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
  • Solo and co-op play
  • Original Music Score
  • Takes characters from level 5 to level 8
  • Time is of the essence: day/night cycle marches on; your choices bring new events
  • Daily news sheet adapts to your decisions and gives adventure clues
  • Based on the Planescape D&D campaign setting
  • Events coincide with official D&D tabletop campaign, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
More information.

Hey @HiddenX; its actually just announced. It won't be released until the 24th.

Based on the Planescape D&D campaign setting

AFAIK this will be the first DLC Mod released for NWN that is not set in the Forgotten Realms.

A previous Premium Mod, HeX Coda, was cancelled and released for free due to rejection from Wizards of the Coast that it wasn't Faerun enough.

A previous Premium Mod, HeX Coda, was cancelled and released for free due to rejection from Wizards of the Coast that it wasn't Faerun enough.

To be fair, I played Hex Coda, and it practically wasn't even D&D. Stefan Gagne made some of the most interesting modules for NWN, but they were unique and it's not hard to see why the license holder wouldn't be into putting an official stamp on them.

"Day and Night Cycles with Timed Events" means I'm out.

I'll never understand why anyone thinks it's cool to put your enjoyment in a RPG on a timer, or worse, in arbitrary and obscure time windows.

I think it's neat that they're doing a game that has events coinciding with the new campaign, and especially that it's Planescape, but I wish they weren't using NWN to do it.

I tried playing NWN EE a few months ago, and imo it's just incredibly clunky by today's standards.

"Day and Night Cycles with Timed Events" means I'm out.

I'll never understand why anyone thinks it's cool to put your enjoyment in a RPG on a timer, or worse, in arbitrary and obscure time windows.

No, you're misquoting. It says:

"Time is of the essence: day/night cycle marches on; your choices bring new events"

Which sounds like choices and consequences to me

Seems intrinsic to me, but either way, I'm not fan of having to be at X place at X time to not miss some event based on luck or some arbitrarily coded reason. I despise that kind of gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom