The TV Series discussion thread

Just started watching Dark season 3. After 3 epsiodes I am pleasantly confused. So yes, I like it a lot. Undubbed version.

In fact, to me, Dark is one of the best TV series I've ever watched, so kudos to the 13th JDR who recommended it to me.

ein Pibbur der Winden gern besuchen möchte, in 32 Jahren. And who is a bit uncertain about his german here.

I finally finished watching all three seasons of Netflix's Dark. Wow, what a ride!!!

I just started season 3 myself. Been looking forward to this for a long time, and so far season 3 is excellent! Certainly one of the best shows on TV right now, at least to me.

I've been rewatching season 2 the last few days. I'm on the last episode now so I'll probably start season 3 tonight.

I've been watching mostly comedies lately (What We Do in the Shadows, Archer, Brooklyn 99) in a conscious attempt to balance out the unremitting horror of our everyday lives, but I've been eyeballing Dark, and after reading this thread, think I may get on that ASAP. I'm also going to watch Devs soon.

Twin Peaks is some damn fine telly, and they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Any of the series of that show beat current stuff by a country kilometer, and then some. Keep watching the good stuff

I have the complete Merlin collection and can only agree with everyone else. It's cheesy at times, but always fun and family friendly.

Twin Peaks is some damn fine telly, and they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Any of the series of that show beat current stuff by a country kilometer, and then some. Keep watching the good stuff

Twin Peaks is good (gotta watch more of it). But there are IMNSHO modern series just as good. Surprise, surprise, "Dark" comes to mind. "Stranger Things" as well. I also liked "Beforeigners", but that may be a because I'm Norwegian. Probably also other series that I don't remember ATM.

a pibbur who also likes "Better than Us".

PS. For sitcoms: may favourite is "Black Books". Very british. Very dood. DS.

I enjoyed the first season of Carnival Row - for Steampunk fans.

Currently watching (and enjoying) Snowpiercer, the 1,001-car train.

I'm #1 fan of the movie. That spinoff show? Get off my property.

I'm finding Dark difficult to get into. I've heard a lot about it being weird, but so far it's not weird, it's just a time travel story with missing children. Everything is very one note emotionally. It's well made and acted and all that stuff, so I'm not quitting on it yet, but I'm going to need something more or I won't make it past season 1.

I'm finding Dark difficult to get into. I've heard a lot about it being weird, but so far it's not weird, it's just a time travel story with missing children.

Rest assured it's more than that! :)

(...) I'm going to need something more or I won't make it past season 1.

Try not to give it up. I won't spoiler anything here but watch the first season until the very end and then make up your mind.

Six Feet Under

p18249911_b_v8_aa.jpg

I've seen this maybe 15 years ago, but just started a rewatch session with my SO. And it's still as strong as I remembered it. So good!

Lower Decks trailer leaked:
https://streamable.com/78bz8t

In times when chinese animation surpassed japanese and disney/pixar quality...
Seems that CBS gathered a bunch kindergarden kids to make some cartoon.
I'm gonna vomit.

Ju-on:Origins left me a little confused. In the previous Grudge material we already had a clear origin, while "Origins" complicates this with a cyclical phenomenon featuring overlapping timelines. Also, is the lady in the final scene Haruka? A worthwhile watch, but good look trying to make sense of it.

Back
Top Bottom