Bard's Tale IV - Character Creation Video

RPGWatch has more and more in common with the Codex these days.
Not really.
Because of irrational downing of everything, Fluent's absence is noticeable.
We need someone else as enthusiastic as he was about anything.

Yes, people just like to watch the first 10 seconds of a video and complain is all. RPGWatch has more and more in common with the Codex these days.
I didn't mean in the video (I hoped you watched it as well before leaving this comment :p), like in the past when they talked about how it will all work..

EDIT: OK I found this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/posts/1276158

It seems they planned to have more classes, I wonder if those are out or you need to somehow access them afterwards.

EDIT2: Also this info from their forums: https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=18986#p195256

Ok, I am going to play the adorable meth addict, err … Elf. I meant to say Elf.

Ha-ha, my thoughts too. Both elves and trows look like addicted chars :)

Yes, people just like to watch the first 10 seconds of a video and complain is all. RPGWatch has more and more in common with the Codex these days.

When someone mentions Bethsoft or Bioware - I can't really tell the difference between the Watch and the Codex :)

Well..... Except people tend to use slightly different words around here, when attacking that which they don't personally enjoy.

I can't find any information about advanced classes in the video or their kickstarter.

If those pitiful skill trees are the extent of customization, then it would be a huge fail.

When someone mentions Bethsoft or Bioware - I can't really tell the difference between the Watch and the Codex :)
Bioware and Bethsoft - that's boring.

Any difference between the two when someone mentions Destiny 2?

I can't find any information about advanced classes in the video or their kickstarter.

If those pitiful skill trees are the extent of customization, then it would be a huge fail.

Could you explain what's pitiful about them?

Bioware and Bethsoft - that's boring.

Any difference between the two when someone mentions Destiny 2?

I think you're the only one obsessed with Destiny 2. We have several people who enjoy belittling those who enjoy Bioware or Bethsoft games.

Not that I mind, personally.

I think it adds color to have such narrow perspectives around here ;)

Lord knows I don't enjoy the circle-jerk group think of most forums. QT3 is a great example of what I definitely don't want.

I think I've just been spoiled by Deadfire, which has the best character creation I've ever seen. This is simple in comparison. 4 generic classes and tiny skill trees. No options for subclasses or multiclassing. Even Wasteland and Numenera were more exciting.

I think you didn't watch the video. There are clearly multiple different classes for each archetype. Also, I like that each of the racial choices seemed to have rather powerful passive abilities. Not sure how balanced they will be, but I typically don't care too much about balance in SP games as longs as the fun is there!

Looks like updated classic blobber progression to me, promotions and multiple specializations. It reminds me of the later MM games to be honest. Until we can roadtest it we can't be sure, but based on the racials and the classes, I can envision multiple different party setups that look interesting.

I think you're the only one obsessed with Destiny 2. We have several people who enjoy belittling those who enjoy Bioware or Bethsoft games.

Not that I mind, personally.

I think it adds color to have such narrow perspectives around here ;)
I didn't ask who's obsessed with, who's perspective is narrow nor who minds something.

I asked about telling the difference between codex and rpgwatch when it comes to plain trash overhyped and overrated by mainstream gaming news sites. Destiny 2 was just an example because you're playing it. I ment to, but can't use Neo Scavenger as an example as you didn't play it and it isn't mainstream really.

I think you didn't watch the video. There are clearly multiple different classes for each archetype.

Where does it say that?

I've watched the video three times now and searched through their kickstarter updates.

As I said, you add color joxer :)

Especially in how you're so brazen about your own ignorance. It's fascinating and entertaining to me. Most people at least attempt to underpin their position with something factual - but, for you, your imagination is all that's required.

That's pretty cool!

But we're off topic again.

OMG, I've mastered court jester job, yay!
Should I bow down to your highness now? :p

Offtopic is in your head. The thread is Bard's Tale. We're acting right to the point.

You can bow when you're done entertaining me ;) So far, it's been a few years.

I think you didn't watch the video. There are clearly multiple different classes for each archetype. Also, I like that each of the racial choices seemed to have rather powerful passive abilities. Not sure how balanced they will be, but I typically don't care too much about balance in SP games as longs as the fun is there!

Looks like updated classic blobber progression to me, promotions and multiple specializations. It reminds me of the later MM games to be honest. Until we can roadtest it we can't be sure, but based on the racials and the classes, I can envision multiple different party setups that look interesting.

I didn't see any sign of multiple classes within the archetypes, but I could be wrong.

But I did see 4 relatively extensive skill trees for each class. Maybe something like 20 skills in each tree? That's 80 skills pr. class.

Meaning, at least 320 skills. Of course, we don't know how many of those are active or passive - or whatever, but still.

Each class in Pillars of Eternity 2 has, what, 30-40 skills, with half of those being passive - and a lot of them being different variations of the same skill.

I don't remember the old Bard's Tale games having actual skills. They had text-based spells and a few inherent abilities for each class, that were mostly passive.

Am I remembering wrong?

In any case, this is clearly a MAJOR step forward for the series in terms of mechanics and the arsenal of powers.

But it's still just a blobber - and doesn't seem to market itself as anything beyond that.

Where does it say that?

I've watched the video three times now and searched through their kickstarter updates.

2:41 shows two Attack focused classes but doesn't highlight their names. 2:46 shows the defense focused guardian. 2:50 shows the command focused Champion and another unnamed command focus class.

0:29 Practitioner archetype lists conjurer, magician, sorcerers, wizards and archmages right in the description.

The link to the game's forums above has a better view of the how the classes develop from the core archetype.

I can't stand anything Bethesda does in their design, so I tend to really lay it on them when I have the energy to do so. But there are so many on this site that seemingly complain about EVERYTHING.

Why doesn't this blobber have the character customization of a 10inch thick D&D manual? As if that's what's important in the genre.

Back
Top Bottom