Bard's Tale I - Remaster launches on August 14

Ok, the automap feature I get - that's nice.

I was just genuinely curious about the excitement - wondering if there's something here that I'm not seeing.

Yes, the automap is the #1 new feature… it will be a huge timesaver. Most of my time in the originals was spent drawing maps on graph paper, which is fun for a few hours but becomes frustratingly difficult (have a big eraser handy!) when you can't take two steps without being attacked… not to mention the teleporters, hidden walls, and spinners!

AFAIK, the gameplay itself has changed very little with the exception of the automap, UI, and rebalancing. The excitement is because this new coat of paint gives those of us who fondly remember the originals an excuse to replay them (and maybe even finish them this time).

BTW, watch the first minute of gameplay from the original and compare that to the remaster. Not only have the graphics been dramatically improved but the sound as well. Which would you want to spend a 100+ hours playing?

Blobber combat is the ultimate manifestation of awesomeness! There is no better form of combat in gaming!

I refuse to believe that anyone could feel this way about blobber combat.

I will accept blobber exploration if there is a separate combat engine, such as in gold box games. Otherwise... *hovers mouse over uninstall button*

I refuse to believe that anyone could feel this way about blobber combat.

I got into RPG's with games such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder. Still love this type of game. :)

Daniel.

BTW, watch the first minute of gameplay from the original and compare that to the remaster. Not only have the graphics been dramatically improved but the sound as well. Which would you want to spend a 100+ hours playing?

Not to be crude, but I would rather kill myself than play 100 hours of Bard's Tale these days :)

Dark Souls 3 example:

Ohh, well I can say the same thing for Dark Souls as I said for Bard's Tale :)

I would consider them both variations of pointless grinding.

"Roller RPG" that's kinda amusing. I will remember that one the next time SJ tries to push his garbage on me ;)

Come to think of it, I DID roll around like a pinball machine when I played Demon's Souls (the DS I played the most).

Very apt description, really!

Did you pick herbs from my garden?
What bloody dodging in TW3? It's not stupid dark souls clone!
I guess you've never heard about reverse quen + reverse yrden although I've mentioned those at least a dozen times. Dodging while reverse quen is up is the most stupid thing one can do in TW3.

You were determined to pan the game since the day it got released and that's your choice, I'm not here to solve problems in your head. Feel free to spit on it till doomsday.

But for those who still didn't play TW3 and suspect it's me who skipped meds today:

Dark Souls 3 example:

Umm - why post crap like that in a thread about games that are actually good?

Top signs your combat engine sucks>

There is a roll
there is button mashing ala DMC, Souls, or witcher
There is a an active block
there are hit boxes and invincible frames

You were determined to pan the game since the day it got released and that's your choice, I'm not here to solve problems in your head. Feel free to spit on it till doomsday.

I think you missed the original Maylander thread where I was defending it like crazy because I was suckered in by the hype ;)

Later, I had to concede he was right about a few things.

I personally don't care about the automap feature, but I'll allow that it will most likely increase the number of people that actually try the game out.

Back
Top Bottom