RIP Diego Armando Maradona

henriquejr

Fluminense Football Club
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Today a great footballer has died, at age of 60: the argentinian Diego Armando Maradona :mourn: :bigcry:

He was world champion for Argentina at the 1986 FIFA World Cup and champion of the 1988/1989 UEFA Cup for the Napoli team.

I remember the football matches he played at the 1986 (Mexico) and 1990 (Italy) World Cups, where, in the latter, he and Caniggia helped eliminate the Brazilian team from the competition in the round of 16. Both final games of these two World Cups (Argentina vs Germany) were great duels.

May God bless his soul. Rest in peace, "Don" Diego!

Yeah, he was a different class in his day, back when I was a kid. Seemed to have a very troubled life, though.

RIP.

Diego Armando Maradona vs. Lothar Matthäus football matches are legendary. RIP.

Always sad to see someone die but honestly I had no idea who the guy was. Only because in America football means something completely different and its not soccer.

60 is still fairly young. I'm always surprised to see someone go that soon but even more so when they're the kind of athlete he was. I know he battled some substance abuse problems, and I wonder if that was a contributing factor to his demise.

Yeah I was thinking that; a mind and body wiped out by drugs. At one time he was a legend.

Another Legend is dead.
May he rest in peace.

60 is still fairly young. I'm always surprised to see someone go that soon but even more so when they're the kind of athlete he was. I know he battled some substance abuse problems, and I wonder if that was a contributing factor to his demise.

Uhm, I would say it is fairly certain it was. From an already young age he supposedly got involved with drugs, and it didn't get any better later in life. Drugs and booze killed him, as did his status of half-god and the enormous pressure and mind-boggling media attention.

One of the best, if not the most dramatic and flamboyant, to ever grace the game of football. RIP.

I'm sure the drugs took a huge toll. I mean, just look at folks like Bowie, and many others that should have lived much longer than they did, but contributed to their own downfalls with some of their own habits. Even being a former smoker can cut years off your life, let alone what some of the harsher addictions can rob a person of.

I remember the football matches he played at the 1986 (Mexico) and 1990 (Italy) World Cups, where, in the latter, he and Caniggia helped eliminate the Brazilian team from the competition in the round of 16. Both final games of these two World Cups (Argentina vs Germany) were great duels.
It was quite a performance, I remember his trademark celebrating somersault :)
I'm rarely watching football.. sorry, soccer, but it was sad to hear this icon was gone.

Hmm, but there very little actual use of feet! No sure why it is called FOOTball.
Maybe because you kick the BALL with one FOOT at a time? ;) Well, we say "go on foot", but obviously we use both feet.
Anyway, it seems to be an obscure part of the language, if I'm not wrong it's the qualifying part of a compound noun. By searching a bit, Some are singular, some are plural (thanksgiving), but it's hard to decide on a rule apparently. If that's any consolation, we have similar problems - if not worse, in French :biggrin:

Last edited:
This looks completely insane oO

It is actually derived from a thousands of years old Aboriginal games. Also, no timeouts, no time between plays, only one team(no offence, defensive etc,) and effectively continuous action.

Watching a big game with 90,000 other cheering supporters at the MCG is pretty amazing!

Okay, when somebody posted this I thought it was the dude from the Princess Bride. The swordsman. Don't hate me :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom