Missing - The Complete Saga - Announced - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Missing - The Complete Saga - Announced

Default Missing - The Complete Saga - Announced

November 28th, 2020, 04:38
@TheGG Open World RPG/Life Sim Missing - The Complete Saga has been announced and has a Steam page to peruse.

loading…

MISSING: The Complete Saga is a 3D role-playing game that plays like a life simulator. Your character will have an inventory, and skills based on a skill tree. The game features day/night cycles, and each day you will be assigned new daily tasks, some are based upon new events and happenings. The daily tasks will change as you grow up. You are free to explore the village, take on alternate tasks, and learn new skills apart. Every skill you learn can come in handy when you are in danger.

Key Features :

• The player creates his/her own story through the open-ended gameplay in this open world. The open-world village provides nuanced details of opportunities through which the player can craft the life of the character.
  • The game takes place in an open world village of rural India. Get immersed in the society and its culture, where every detail has been carefully created to reflect the Indian rural environment and its people as closely as possible.
  • No Combat, No puzzles. This game is a non-violent game. Inviting players to explore and make life choices without getting attacked, stuck, or frustrated.
  • Player stats are reflected by three unique parameters. Energy, Food, and Mood, which plays a key role in accomplishing any task.
  • Fully interactive Inventory and Skill tree. The inventory is limited by the total weight of the items. The skill tree is unlocked through practicing and perfecting a training task.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
+1:

November 28th, 2020, 05:00
Hmm looks but good but not interested. I'll pass others might like though.
--
"Good people do all the things bad people do. It's just that when they do them, they call it justice.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)

November 28th, 2020, 13:06
No combat, no puzzles, will be interesting to see if they can pull of descent gameplay without that. If done well, it could project back in the more classical rpg genre and enrich it.

vidder

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

November 28th, 2020, 14:15
Eh… it looks like one of those experimental indies. I hope they succeed, but I can tell it's not for me.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)

November 28th, 2020, 18:08
No combat at all, hmmm. Yeah, probably not for me, but I do know people that it might appeal to.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

November 28th, 2020, 21:10
Eastshade pulled off a pretty good experience with minimal puzzles, and No Man's Sky with minimal and avoidable combat, as did Stardew Valley. So its possible, but maybe not so easy. Something uniting these games was the rather lighthearted atmosphere. The topic in Missing is a pretty depressing one. I'm not sure if its supposed to present an enjoyable experience, or an educational one. If its only the latter, its not for me either. I play games to escape the world's problems, not to learn more about them.

forgottenlor

Font of Useless Knowledge
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)

November 29th, 2020, 15:42
I think it will be rather interesting to dive into Indian culture this way. I tend to see it as an … "culture simulator", based on that description.

I see a future for this genre : Immersive, non-violent "serious games" which are made to let the player experience a completely different but RL culture …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

November 29th, 2020, 17:14
Without conflict, there is no joy. <--- Made up nonsense by a nut, but I'm sticking with it.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut
aka survivalnut

crpgnut

Survival Game Nut
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)

November 30th, 2020, 12:31
As a storyteller, I doubt that, because too much conflict gets boring at one point, too.
But that's just my personal opinion.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Missing - The Complete Saga - Announced