Disco Elysium - The Feature That Almost Sank Production

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamespot interviewed Disco Elysium's lead designer and writer Robert Kurvitz about the thought cabinet.

In this week's episode of Audio Logs, Disco Elysium's lead designer and writer Robert Kurvitz discusses the hardships ZA/UM underwent to make sure that the game's Thought Cabinet mechanic worked, and talks about the game's unlikely inspiration.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Really interesting insight into their approach on making text based RPG.

Last edited:
Audio logs? Gimme a break.
the hardships ZA/UM underwent to make sure that the game's Thought Cabinet mechanic worked
I don't see how this feature could sink production. It's only problem in the final game was not being as important as I'd want it.

I love what I've played of this game, but in my single playthrough I died of a heart attack about fifteen minutes in … and although I want to restart, I just can't shake the feeling that that's actually what happened, and to try again would be to spit in the face of destiny.

I love what I've played of this game, but in my single playthrough I died of a heart attack about fifteen minutes in … and although I want to restart, I just can't shake the feeling that that's actually what happened, and to try again would be to spit in the face of destiny.

Your loss. The game is absolutely amazing.

Back
Top Bottom