Sword Legacy: Omen - Releasing August 13th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Sword Legacy: Omen will be releasing August 13th on Steam.

Welcome to Broken Britannia

"Before Arthur's Golden Age, our realm was lost, shattered and decadent; kingdoms torn apart by blind selfishness. A broken Britannia, void of hope."

The lord of Mercia has been assassinated, your love kidnapped and home is no more. As Uther, the disgraced Knight Commander, you must lead your misfit band of companions throughout quests riddled with trials. Forge uneasy alliances to acquire the mythical Excalibur sword and defeat the sinister power-obsessed duke of Wessex.

Prove your worth as a tactician by exploring all five realms and dangerous locations, such as a frozen fortress hiding a dark secret, an ancient abbey turned into a hideous torture chamber and the mystical island of Avalon. Survive ambushes and rescue those in need by making use of each hero's abilities to solve puzzles and vanquish your foes. It is up to you define the fate of Britannia… But at what cost?

Combat in Sword Legacy: Omen is always a challenge. As a strategist, you will need to plan your course of action with four heroes at a time. However, be ready to adapt and improvise because results always change based on the chosen abilities and chances of landing an attack.

KEY FEATURES

• Tactical Combat:Learn the importance of strategic positioning and unleash powerful skill combos with your party.
  • Free Exploration:When not in combat, investigate the environment, find documents, collect treasures, solve riddles, and uncover secrets.
  • Party Customization:Adapt heroes to your play style, manage your team and progress by unlocking over 70 unique passive or active skills.
  • Hordes of Enemies and Unique Bosses:Fight a variety of vicious mobs and face powerful monsters in grueling battles, such as crowds of plague-ridden victims, twisted knights and a flesh-hungry dragon.
  • Stress System:Use all your might to become victorious, but deplete your willpower and witness your heroes falling prey to panic.
  • Interactive Environment: Study your surroundings and perform clever deadly moves by blowing up explosive barrels and pushing enemies off edges.
  • Old-School Art Style With a Dark Twist:Relive the beautiful aesthetic of classic animations fused with grim visuals inspired by graphic novels.
  • A Different Take on a Classic Myth:Experience the Arthurian legends as never before, as famous characters and locations are revamped in a mature storyline of vengeance, honor, conspiracy and alchemy
More information.

Looks like a mix between the Banner Saga, Darkest Dungeon, and Divinity Original Sin. Could be good or did they bite off more than they can chew.

Nowhere it looked dark and brutal! On contrary - I saw toxic bright colors and cartoonish "funny" looking characters.

Looks promising. Reminds me of newer X-Com meets RPG. I have been waiting awhile on this one.

The arty style is a huge turn off for me. So pass.:cool:

Also to many games claiming to be inspired by X-Com, or some other Tactical Rpgs in the news lately. They are quickly becoming a dime a dozen, and sold on Steam nowadays.

I don't mind the art style, it can work with the right game - but here there seems to be a huge disconnect between it and the subject matter. The whole thing seems to be a bit off. Still, I'll be keeping an eye out for a deal on this one.

Sounds somewhat intriguing but at the same time maybe a bit too pushy. I'll be seeing what friends think about this and reading some reviews before I consider plunking down any funds for it.

There can never be "too many" X-Com-styled games.
Yes but my opinion differs. So lets just move on.

Anyway I rather play another Firaxis X-Com or Julian Gollop's Phoenix Point.

Nowhere it looked dark and brutal! On contrary - I saw toxic bright colors and cartoonish "funny" looking characters.

That's a pro for me. A game can have a mature intrigue and world without looking grey, dull and booooring.

That's a pro for me. A game can have a mature intrigue and world without looking grey, dull and booooring.
So blurry cheap 3D with comic bubble text that's better? Anyway I have no problem with cartoon graphics but look at Banner Saga for a better option. Moving on now.:invisible:

I found the narrator's voice grating but as to the game - hard to tell; though given the number of really good games available it makes it hard to consider.

I dont mind if it will be colorful or sunny or whatever, but in the video guy told us two or three times, that it will be dark and brutal, which I failed to see! (I bet they had Darkest Dungeon in mind).

Final Fantasy Tactics had bright colors and cartoonish "funny" looking characters with comic bubble text but was very mature intrigue and world so dark and brutal. One of best if not the best tactical RPG of all time.
"Do not judge the book by the covers".

Final fantasy Tactics, Asian anime game dark and brutal ?! Are you for real? Then I guess in same way "dark and brutal "could be if some character in game says: "I will behead you in dark corner". I cant imagine how bright colors can be dark.

But then again what I know of modern standards, today people take offence of most insignificant things, so called someone "pig" maybe is brutal. Or probably I have very individual and different measurement for what is "dark and brutal", and yeah, I simply cant take ANY anime game serious!

My fear is they're trying to do too much and the game will be only so-so. That said, happy to see an Arthurian-inspired game. We need more of those imo. There was King Arthur: the Roleplaying Game some years ago but not much else since then. For something with such rich lore and so many interesting characters, I'm surprised we haven't seen more games delve into it.

Probably teams afraid of the criticism they might get it they didn't do it right. A fair amount of people know this mythos through and through, and are likely to question and debate every decision/choice made in the creation, let alone during an actual play-through. Daunting to be sure, but if a team manages to pull it all off, they'll likely have a superb hit on their hands.

Final Fantasy Tactics had bright colors and cartoonish "funny" looking characters with comic bubble text but was very mature intrigue and world so dark and brutal. One of best if not the best tactical RPG of all time.
"Do not judge the book by the covers".
So you compare it to to a game from the 1990's.:lol:

How fitting but as much as I loved Final Fantasy Tactics this game still doesn't make me want to play it. Sorry that's just my personal opinion, and nothing said will change it.
. Daunting to be sure, but if a team manages to pull it all off, they'll likely have a superb hit on their hands.
Good hopefully they prove me wrong and the game is a success then I will eat crow, but these cheap tactical games are a dime a dozen on Steam nowadays.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom