Ubisoft strikes again:Microtransations in Assassins creed 3

Nameless one

Wizzard
RPSwrites about microtransactions in AC3 which is fully priced game.After recent DRM cancellation announcements I thought Ubi realized their mistakes and now this.Looks like they just found more efficient way to annoy potential buyers.

*sighs* Another one of these. If we could trust the companies to not make unlocking things time consuming and tedious when they introduce systems like this, then I would not really mind, but time and time again we see companies abuse these systems. I've lost track of the amount of complains I've heard about Diablo 3 and how good loot seem to be quite a lot rarer than in Diablo 2, and I suspect that Ubi will not so subtly make unlocks more time consuming than in other games.

It's all about Money.

This is nothing new. For example you pay for Aralon about 7$ and then you discover there is also an ingame shop where you buy so called Karma (100 points for 2$, etc) and with that Karma you can buy ingame items. Also a singleplayergame, although for smartphones.

I wonder if new game reviews will even mention this obvious attrocity and integrate it in the game scores (a minus of course if a game has it).
It practically comes to this - now you pay for the demo and then with microtransactions it may happen you pay even more than in the case the full game was selling at some "normal" price.

F2P is already a despicable model that allows grabbing the money even in utter crap as there is always someone who'll buy something just because it's cheap. In some countries there is an ongoing debate if F2P model is actually a fraud and I'm on the side that says it is. If you advertise something as FREE than it should be FREE. If it's not free then say it's microtransactions or whatever, just don't lie to buyers.

In any case, I'm not buying AC3.

I'll look at buying stuff from Ubisoft when HoMM 6 is playable fully without ever being online. When that happens, someone let me know!!! They simply have a terrible mentality for the gaming community at large.

-Carn

They simply have a terrible mentality for the gaming community at large.

It's the Kotick Legacy. The hedge fonds/shareholders way of thinking. The quick revenue way of thinking. The rent seeking way of behaviour.

It spreads.

From company to company.

Like a virus.

somepeople have less time than they do money. giving them the option to pay rather than grind is hardly irrational from both a player and profit perspective. also this applies to multiplayer only, which most of you wouldn't play anyhow and probably not even the main gameanyhow. but by all means let the echochamber continue

also this applies to multiplayer only, which most of you wouldn't play anyhow and probably not even the main gameanyhow.

That is even worse than if it where in single player only.In single player this might save time but in competitive multiplayer it can only create disbalance.Also note that this isn't F2P game it will cost 50 €/$.

Back
Top Bottom