Non-RPG General News - Best-Looking Games of 2021

Redglyph

proud GASP member
COG Connected presents the most eye-candy games of this year. Some of them are good, too.

RANKING THE BEST LOOKING VIDEO GAMES OF 2021

We Can't Look Away...the Best Looking Games of 2021

I can remember the days when we used to argue about graphics. "It doesn't matter what a game looks like," people said. "I just care how it plays." I never bought that. I think how a game looks is pretty important. However, there's more to visuals than ray tracing, photorealism, and motion capture. There's also art direction and the overall concept behind the way a game looks. A game can have low-tech graphics and still be a winner if the art is great.

All that said, games continue to push the boundaries of visual excellence. High-end video cards and the new console generation are making jaw-dropping images commonplace. The uncanny valley is becoming less deep. If you need proof, just look at our list of Best Looking Games.

[...]
More information.

I'm a bit biased, and totally not mainstream, so my list would be different - I guess those games do look good, but my personal preference would be:

1. Necromunda: Hired Gun
2. Biomutant
3. Arboria (left EA in 2021)
4. Psychonauts II
5. Medium

I'm a bit biased, and totally not mainstream, so my list would be different - I guess those games do look good, but my personal preference would be:

1. Necromunda: Hired Gun
2. Biomutant
3. Arboria (left EA in 2021)
4. Psychonauts II
5. Medium
I'm surprised and can say I didn't play any of those games. Though based on the latest worst games on metacritic Necromunda: Hired Gun was in the top ten worst games.

Talking about It Takes Two, its game designer doesn't like NFTs apparently :lol:
At this point in time its just trying to get brownie point's from potential buyers. Grinding Gear Games said the same about Path of Exile while milking it's F2P cosmetics.:lol:

At this point in time its just trying to get brownie point's from potential buyers. Grinding Gear Games said the same about Path of Exile while milking it's F2P cosmetics.:lol:

Obviously but it made me laugh. Some people have to be opportunist, not everyone can be as stubborn as Ubi.

I'm surprised and can say I didn't play any of those games. Though based on the latest worst games on metacritic Necromunda: Hired Gun was in the top ten worst games.

I know some of them do have game design flaws or they are not even for me. Necromunda: Underhive Wars released 2020 is maybe better for visuals, because the gameplay is quite slow, so you have plenty of time to look around, not sure if it would be fun to play. And I don't play horror games, but there is something about Medium art design of the other world which is fascinating for me. And Psychonauts is platformer - I tried one Alice: Madness returns with special art design and I realized that jumping and trying to catch hearts just isn't for me.

I'm still deciding if the rogue side of Arboria would be fun for me and Biomutant action side would be playable.

Heh, not too surprising I didn't know most of the games on that list. Cutting-edge graphics have never sold me on a game. However, "It Takes Two" and "The Ascent" were really solid games WITH good graphics. (That is definitely a possible combination, and a happy one when it happens!)

Back
Top Bottom