Galaxy Squad - Turn-based tactical RPG inspired by XCOM and FTL

OlegKazakov

Traveler
Hello everyone! For the past year I was working on the turn-based tactical game called Galaxy Squad, which is kinda like XCOM and FTL had a child! Check out the trailer:

The premise is simple - you lead a group of escaped convicts on the runf from federation police! You will explore a galaxy with different story events, stations and planets, equip and train your squad and fight in tactical battles.

There will also be a different story campaigns with branching storylines, that will involve your characters and life or death decisions.

I am planning to release the game in Early Access this november, if you are interested, check out steam store page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/921710/Galaxy_Squad/

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Watch, Oleg! I hope your game will get lots of attention and appreciation.

I saw that you had difficulty loading the trailer.
That is because the code was not right.

Right code (mind you, without the spaces):

[ youtube ] 4MVWPO1Dv4o [ /YOUTUBE ]

Wrong code, the one you used:

[ youtube ] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MVWPO1Dv4o [ /youtube ]

In short: leave out all the rubbish, except the number after ‘v=‘

HTH.

Eye.

Line of sight is a nice addition.

This looks right up my alley. Will absolutely check it out.

Looks pretty cool. I'd actually say that it looks like if Syndicate and Massive Chalice had a child. ^^

I am very sceptical about that combat system though as I generally dislike the very simplified system of the new XCom games.

Looks pretty cool. I'd actually say that it looks like if Syndicate and Massive Chalice had a child. ^^

I am very sceptical about that combat system though as I generally dislike the very simplified system of the new XCom games.
Thanks, I've heard this point before, a lot of the older fans of tactical games seems to dislike it, but I personally love it. The game will not be very deep in tactical mechanics, it is more about exploration and story events, I need to say this upfront.

I'm a big fan of both styles that you mentioned, tactical combat mechanics and exploration, so either way it seems like I'll be a happy player. Exploration is really satisfying for me in a game, if implemented correctly.

Thanks, I've heard this point before, a lot of the older fans of tactical games seems to dislike it, but I personally love it. The game will not be very deep in tactical mechanics, it is more about exploration and story events, I need to say this upfront.

Actually, this might be more enjoyable to me than. While I dislike the new Xcom, I had lots of fun with Hard West and Halfway, which use a similar system, but embedded in a different gameplay where the mechanics don't actually matter that much anymore.
So what could be seen as a weak point, could actually make it more appealing. :)

Sounds like this could be fun, hope you will release a demo if possible.

I am very interested in this pitch.

Remember that the recent Shadowrun games IIRC have simplified tactical combat, and they are not hampered too much by it. These games also have strong narrative and ambiance, which I like.

Back
Top Bottom