Minima - Version 1.1.1 available for free

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The retro RPG Minima is available for free here:

Minima

The Land of Miskatonia needs a hero to save it from the evil Faxon and its minions. Can you be that hero? Explore Miskatonia and its settlements, talk to its residents, build up your skills, and finally challenge Faxon in its secret lair.

Minima is an adventure RPG in the style of the older Ultima games (Ultima I, Ultima II, Ultima III, Ultima IV, & Ultima V) as played on the Commodore 64 and 128 computers. Just like the original Ultima games, it includes a world view, enterable towns, and 3D dungeon displays. It also features graphics, sound effects, and music that should help one recollect those classics. More importantly, it is a fully playable (and winnable) game with its own backstory, plot, setting, and characters. It was written for PICO-8 and can be run on Linux, Mac, and MS-Windows. It can also be played through the Web here.

More information.

This looks really keen! For a quick nostalgia hit, check out the game manual. It doesn't have fancy illustrations, but I like it anyway.

Cute. I would never pay for something this simple, but it's hard to beat free.

I'd love to check it out but the 3d dungeons in the oldshool bare bones approach is too much for me today... Oh well...

But your avatar!!

If you wish to contact Faxon, make sure you ask for his number so you can send him a Fax.

Back
Top Bottom