Pathfinder: Kingmaker vs Pillars of Eternity II

• Obsidian

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Owlcat Games

Votes: 12 52.2%

• Total voters

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
In one corner we have Pillars of Eternity 2 developed by a well know studio, called Obsidian. Who has been making RPGs for over twenty years. Basically industry veterans.

Here they come.:spotlight-right::star::spotlight-left:

In the contender corner we have Pathfinder: Kingmaker a new RPG by devolper Owlcat Games and published by Deep Silver. Do they have what it takes to seize the crown?

Here comes the challenger.:spotlight-right::star-half::spotlight-left:

Get ready for the match of two great RPGs. So without further ado.

Now cue the Poll with only two options.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker vs Pillars of Eternity II who will win on Tuesday Night RPGing.

Last edited:
Also no tie is allowed in this match. Its one or the other.:cool:

As much as I liked PoE 1, I'll take Pathfinder. It seems like the deeper, more old-school RPG and closer to Baldur's Gate.

Well, it'll be a while before they're both patched and DLC'd to my satisfaction, so I won't know the answer for a while. But I'm going to bet on PoE2 being more my cup of tea, when i get to it.

I can see Pathfinder will be joining the honoured ranks of games that divide the Watch, and demand threads that run red with blood.

Last edited:
Will have to wait till both are patched and DLCd and/or Complete Definitive Version before I answer that.

I will say that i enjoyed Kingmaker beta INFINITELY more than POE1. By an order of magnitude.

I highly doubt P:K will beat PoE2 for me. PoE2 is one of the most original CRPGs I've ever played both mechanically and creatively, whereas P:K seems very generic.

Furthermore, I really appreciate the level of polish in PoE2. It has stunning graphics, full professional voiceovers, and they even added cinematic cutscenes in Beast of Winter.

Last edited:
Considering I have not played either game, but have seen some gameplay vids, I thought about not voting. But then I thought, Oh hell, F@#k it. :biggrin:

I voted for Kingmaker, just on account that I do like the look of the rpg system a lot better. Plus its the under dog. I can't resist the under dog choice here. I'm also much more likely to get this game in the near future than POE 2. That game I have various issues with just based on reading player reviews and comments.

Seeing as I play tabletop Pathfinder I'm thinking Kingmaker. But like Ripper it'll be a while before I can ratify that assumption.

Something interesting... Pathfinder 2.0 is currently in open beta and has some quite different mechanics to the first version that I assume this game is based on.

I haven't played either, but by interest and hype, I'm going for Pathfinder.

I have not played played Kingmaker but i hated POE 1 so I am picking Kingmaker :p

Played PoE1 - hated it
Played Kingmaker beta - enjoyed it heaps
Haven't played PoE2 and don't plan to until all DLCs are out and it's on sale.

So, voted Kingmaker :)

After round one it's ….

Owlcat Games 5

Obsidian 3

It's not looking good for Obsidian but the match is not over yet.

We'll be back after these commercials.

This poll is kind of silly because

1. Nobody that has played PoE2 has played Pathfinder

2. Nobody that voted for Pathfinder has played PoE2

You should ask this question again in 2019 when people have played both games.

Shoo go away it's a fun thread for laughs.

Quit being serious all the time.:cool:

You should realise by now this thread it meant to troll you :p

whynotboth.jpg

Having played and immensely enjoyed all the IE games and both POEs, I'm also excited to see what PF:KM has to bring to the table. There's definitely room for both series in my game library.

(That's me hoping that Kingmaker is a big enough hit for OwlCat to continue making more modules so that it becomes a series ;))

Haven't played Pillars the second, and even though I supported Kingmaker, it doesn't seem like I'm getting a key for it anytime soon. So, I'll create a third option, which I title "grumpy".

I haven't played either but based on my enjoyment of POE and how unappealing I found Pathfinder 1, I backed POE II ( literally, on fig! ).

Back
Top Bottom