Dungeon Guardians - Released on Steam

Just wondering, are there plans on releasing this on GOG? I generally prefer to buy my games there unless it is a Steam exclusive. I really enjoyed Dungeon Master/EOB/Grimrock so I will be picking this up at some point.

Yes they are looking into releasing on GOG. He says so in the linked thread.

French review, Google translation:

Pros
Rather complete customization (many difficulty levels, skill tree, etc.)
A good replayability particular to the 100%
French version
Excellent durability, the levels are long and the mini map will help greatly

Negative aspects
A feeling of déjà vu
Still buggy, but the developer meets present
Why no bearded dwarf skin!

In the end, The Fall of the Dungeon Guardians is a pleasant surprise if you can overlook many things.
The first being that the whole rest of déjà vu (who said Legend of Grimrock?).
The game mechanics remain substantially identical (not fighting) and to solve this problem, the developers have provided us with different strong friendly elements like the talent tree unique to each class that ultimately give a real sense of power to your characters.
Note also a combat system well thought of "Tank / Heal / DPS" it will however must meet to get away.
The title is, meanwhile, still buggy, but the developers responded very quickly to our requests (If the 1st boss loot no longer Bugge, writing thank jeuxvideo.com).
Obviously, the game is full of good will and offers a French translation that will facilitate your progress.
If you need a Dungeon Crawler / RPG that will keep you going for many hours and you are able to ignore many minor defects and with an air of déjà vu, then you will get with this as a very exciting game for a price relatively affordable.

Source: Original article

Very nice dungeon crawler this, and a lot of fun to play. It is patched regularly to cover the few bugs that surface, but over all, a really nice looking and polished game.

The combat in this is supposedly very different from Grimrock and it's less puzzle-centric... or so I read on the Steam forums. Both of these facets would be welcome news as they're mostly why I didnt finish Grimrock (1 & 2).

Can someone confirm?

The combat in this is supposedly very different from Grimrock and it's less puzzle-centric… or so I read on the Steam forums. Both of these facets would be welcome news as they're mostly why I didnt finish Grimrock (1 & 2).

Can someone confirm?

I had a quick blast tonight. Only for an hour, but I enjoyed what I saw. Graphically it feels very similar to LoG 1. Combat feels very different - you party attacks as one, although you can pause and give individual commands ( and queue up to three moves in advance). Not sure if you can do the square dancing thing, but I think not. One of my characters is a tank, and has skills to increase enemy aggro and soak up damage, another was a healer. I had to keep spamming heal spells to keep my tank up. I had two other party members - wizard damage dealer and another - that I didn't get around to working out. I just levelled up my tank and it looked like the levelling system could be interesting, lots of perks. I can see I'm going to be pausing combat a lot to queue commands etc. Felt different to Grimrock combat but this is a first impression from fighting a bunch of no-mark skeletons :)

I just levelled up my tank and it looked like the levelling system could be interesting, lots of perks.

So XP isn't shared evenly among party members? I hope it's not one of those systems that gives most or all of the XP to the party member that lands the killing blow.

JDR13,
your characters start respectively with : 1500, 1000, 500 & 0 XP.
After, they all earn exactly the same amount when killing enemies.

This difference at start allow you to have only 1 character leveling up at once during the 1st levels of the game, which avoids to have too much "work" at once to analyze all the talent trees at beginning of the game.

So don't worry, there's no stupid "killing blow gives XP", nor "you're dead you don't get XP" silliness, and other stuff like this... :p

An interesting start for sure. Thank you for explaining it, and I'm looking forward to playing this when I have the time. :)

Xian & Everybody,
unfortunately GOG didn't want of Dungeon Guardians on their store ; they said it looked like a good & interesting game, but were afraid it was too much of a niche game (translation : it didn't sell enough on Steam).

If you really don't like Steam, you can buy the game from Mana Games without problem : http://www.managames.com/DungeonGuardians/buy-the-game/ .

Back
Top Bottom