Spellcaster University - New Kickstarter

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Sneaky Yak Studio started their first Kickstarter project: Spellcaster University

Spellcaster University

In Spellcaster University, you take on the role of the director of a magic university in a colourful heroic fantasy world. Build your school, manage your budget, recruit teachers.

Will you make it a high place of black magic, with the best teachers of necromancy and demonology? Or a place in harmony with nature to train druids and shamans? Or why not train adventurous mages, offering them options to learn how to fight and be discreet? But this will require surviving the merciless attacks of the Ork tribes and the controls of the buraucrats.
Main Characteristics:

• Build your university using a mechanism of decks of magic. Each game will be
    different.
  • Manage the well-being of your students by building refectories, dormitories, rest rooms… and ensure their discipline with a dungeon.
  • Customize your rooms with powerful artifacts like the Xar’Saroth’s Raclette Machine or the Soul Devouring Bed.
  • Populate your school with legendary creatures: dragons, fauns, pegasus, janitors…
  • Push your students towards a glorious future. At the end of their studies, you discover their future (necromancer, archimage, peasant…) depending on the success of their studies, and earn new bonuses.
  • Select your students: traits, personality, alignment, wealth… each of their aspects has its importance.
  • Flee the armies of darkness by building your university in isolated environments: lake, mountain, desert, volcano, giant turtle back, etc….
  • Collect powerful ancient knowledge books to strengthen your university and confront increasingly hostile environments in a replayable campaign.
More information.

Backed as I know the main dev, he did his PhD in Artificial Intelligence in my research team. Pretty sure something deep and interesting could come out of this.

We just had a game based on a school for rogues (Hero-U) so it's time for a school for mages. However, I believe the Coles are planning a follow-up to Hero-U with a focus on mages, so it might be interesting to compare their approaches.

Aye, I truly enjoyed the rogue school in Hero-U, but not sure if I'll be picking up the magi-flavoured next offering in the series. I just don't feel the love for pesky finger-wigglers.

We have someone in our DDO game who used to feel exactly like you do, so we forced everyone to play a character they usually dislike playing and now he plays more casters than any other type!! :)

The same bloody thing happened to me in Everquest One.....they made me play an enchanter just prior to the first expansion being released. I actually enjoyed it, as that class is more about crowd control rather than straight nuking power. Of course, the people you play with on an online game are the most important component, if that same group ever reformed I'd play any damn game they wanted, and any class as well!!!

I wrote to the President of Sneaky Yak Studio and told them straight that if they do not include proper toilet stimulation sporting realistic slosh 'n plop sound effects, I won't buy their game!!

Back
Top Bottom