LoA: The Forgotten Crown - Review @ Wizard Worm

Played the heck out of this a few years ago. It really gives decent MM3 vibes. Even though I typically hate grid movement, if it looks old enough it triggers nostalgia and I can ignore it :)

I quit playing it because I hit level 20 and could no longer find a challenge in battle. I had all the good equipment by that point too. Of course, the game has likely changed by this point because I think I had it in Early Access/Beta.

Well worth the $$ if you like old-school blobbers.

Maybe albien44 or whoever could drop a review. Not sure which of y'all use that nick on Steam though, lol. Whoever it is has been playing this almost much as I play SCUM :D

I finished and enjoyed it. I don't think its as deep as MM3. But that's a hard game to compare to, because it was a real masterpiece for its time. LOA is a sold retro game, and it doesn't cost much. There are also not many open world M&M type blobbers on the market today.

Hey, forgottenlor, what level were your characters at the end? Did you keep finding level relevant loot even towards the end? I stopped after fighting the big red dragon around level 20-25. I think I still had several map sectors to finish but I wasn't getting any new loot and the fights were not challenging, but this was over two years ago. I think I'll fire it up.

I want to strongly suggest you try Legendary Journeys if you like Might and Magic. This guy goes the MMVI route as that was his favorite of the series. I bet you'll love it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1400260/Legendary_Journeys/

Hey, if someone would like a copy of this, just friend me on Steam and I'll buy one copy for whoever answers this first. P.S. People that don't post on the forums won't be acknowledged, so have at least 100 posts on your avatar, sheesh! forgottenlor this includes you if you'd like.

Hey, forgottenlor, what level were your characters at the end? Did you keep finding level relevant loot even towards the end? I stopped after fighting the big red dragon around level 20-25. I think I still had several map sectors to finish but I wasn't getting any new loot and the fights were not challenging, but this was over two years ago. I think I'll fire it up.

I want to strongly suggest you try Legendary Journeys if you like Might and Magic. This guy goes the MMVI route as that was his favorite of the series. I bet you'll love it.

Hey, if someone would like a copy of this, just friend me on Steam and I'll buy one copy for whoever answers this first. P.S. People that don't post on the forums won't be acknowledged, so have at least 100 posts on your avatar, sheesh! forgottenlor this includes you if you'd like.

I have been waiting for Legendary Journeys to get out of early access is it worth playing now or is it very unfinished

I played Amberland two times the first I did everything except for killing a black dragon that was too strong for me the second time I stopped at around the same time as you did I agree that the loot progression is somewhat stymied in the game and i would have liked to find some secrets in the overland map a la M&M 3-5 but for what it is I found it very enjoyable

I also sent a friend request on steam not that I use steam much or chat clients for that matter

Last edited:
Thanks for the follow-up @mprod;. Let me talk with the dev on LJ and get you an update. I was his main troubleshooter/bugfinder for over a year, but it's been a year+ since I've played it. He works like a madman on it and I think you can complete the main quest but I'll check.

Another you guys might like is Gedonia. This is like a poor man's Skyrim though. It's been way too long since I played that one but it gave me dozens of hours of fun and it is content complete now and probably out of early access.

I'm playing this game right now. Well, not a lot actually, as I've been busy with family around the holidays, yet from what I have seen this game is a lot of fun. It very much nails the M&M vibe, in all the great ways. I look forward to spending some more time with LoA as soon as time permits!

Just checked and Legendary Journeys is in my Steam library! Like @mprod; I'm waiting for full release. It looks like its coming together nicely.
Gedonia is on sale right now, so I might add that on your recommendation @crpgnut;! even though at first look it seemed more like a Breath of the Wild Knock off!

Hi Couch, I've picked up a copy of Legendary Journeys, Thanks! I can't remember what level my characters were. At some point leveling felt pretty meaningless, as I wasn't getting new spells and it was just more health and spell points.

I'm not sure if there was another battle as challenging as the dragon later. The Ice Queen instant killed my group the first time I met her, but defeating her is more of a puzzle than a straight up battle.

I gave in and purchased Legendary Journeys it´s only 5€ at the moment

Concerning hardest monsters in amberland
In the southern corners east and west there are bonus dungeons with the hardest creatures including a dragon(prob black) that I coulld never defeat

I gave in and purchased Legendary Journeys it´s only 5€ at the moment

Concerning hardest monsters in amberland
In the southern corners east and west there are bonus dungeons with the hardest creatures including a dragon(prob black) that I coulld never defeat

I missed those. I know I was in the Southwest corner, but I don't think I went to the southeast one.

Back
Top Bottom