What games are you playing now?

I never managed to get very far last time I tried the recent Hitman games, so I started having some fun with it now that Hitman 3 is also out so you can get the benefits of previous content running in the latest version of the engine.

Anyway, so I'm trying the various challenges in the Paris level on Master difficulty, and there's one thing I don't get. So I'm trying to poison one of the marks with rat poison, and apparently on master difficulty that item is a lot rarer. And apparently one place you can grab it is on the cooks in the basement. But my issue is I found out about this from a forum on the internet. Does the game inform you of this in any way inside the game? Or do you just have to happen to knock out the right cook to get at the rat poison? Most things are pretty naturally suggested in the game, and I thought this would be too. But who would imagine that the place you find rat poison is on a cook's body. :D

Anyone have any experience with this in Hitman?

Anyway, so I'm trying the various challenges in the Paris level on Master difficulty, and there's one thing I don't get. So I'm trying to poison one of the marks with rat poison, and apparently on master difficulty that item is a lot rarer. And apparently one place you can grab it is on the cooks in the basement. But my issue is I found out about this from a forum on the internet. Does the game inform you of this in any way inside the game? Or do you just have to happen to knock out the right cook to get at the rat poison? Most things are pretty naturally suggested in the game, and I thought this would be too. But who would imagine that the place you find rat poison is on a cook's body. :D

Anyone have any experience with this in Hitman?

I haven't played Hitman 3, but what you describe is exactly why I didn't care much for the first game. The missions felt more like puzzles rather than a dynamic experience.

If I find myself in the mood to play an assassin, I think Deathloop looks a lot more fun tbh.

Trying out the pixel based Cloudpunk which isn't bad and also enjoying A Knights Tale. Both rather different styles from my usual's.

I haven't played Hitman 3, but what you describe is exactly why I didn't care much for the first game. The missions felt more like puzzles rather than a dynamic experience.

Most information is relayed pretty naturally through various in-game events. But some of the information seems to not be, or at least I never got the information, either because it's not there or because I need to be in a particular spot at a particular time to find/hear it. But in this case we are talking about the highest difficulty, which cuts the margin of error quite a bit. And only offers one save game per missions, so the stakes and tension is much higher.

But it does seem part of the expected gameloop that you need to replay sections of each mission multiple times, either for retrying various things or to try multiple ways of handling it. Personally, I kind of like this approach. It is more of a planning game than a game of reacting to situations. If you want to succeed at your challenge or mission you pretty much have to plan out what you have to do, and learn the map. If you only want to have fun you can also try and improvise, but it most commonly just ends in mass slaughter.

I think it's an enjoyable and sufficiently different experience to most other games where you kill. And yeah, it's more of a puzzle game than an action game. But exploring the playground, hearing people talk is also kind of fun. What's most impressive if seeing other people's attempts on youtube. It feels like it's made for speed running and trying to compete with other people for the shortest and fastest and most creative kills.

The most competitive way to play though is seem to be Sillent Assassin/Suit only, where you only kill your target, and no one else, and you do everything in your main suit. No taking someone else's clothes and making use of that. It adds whole new layer of difficulty. Besides this, I also liked the random challenges like, kill using only a hammer and your main suit. It's got loads of potential for having fun.

I'm still playing through Greedfall. I think I'm about 80% done done and I have had a really fun time.
I think the game is not dense enough in the exploration parts and the latter stage quest parts to be as enjoyable anymore though. I am basically just fast-travelling from quest location to next now that I have explored almost everything.

Still a very fun game and I recommend it. Just don't expect it to be a 250 hour romp like Witcher 3 :D

Today I began my journey in Divided Reigns, which seems to be a souped-up rpg maker style game. So far I'm still in the prologue, liking what I've experienced so far. I like the concept that various types of weapon skills have their own way of improving through use, and opponents having weaknesses/strengths.

Replaying Dying Light, enjoyable as expected, starts a bit slow since you dont know many moves and you climb like you're 100kg but after some levels, you're flying better than batman :D

Replaying the Witcher 3. I had forgotten how good this game was even though it is my favorite of all time. A true masterpiece apart from the itemisation which they could have done better. Anyway, the itemisation is by far better than in Cyberpunk. Clearly they did not learn...

I'm on the final battle in XCOM 2, but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to do it for some reason.

About to start a run of Dying Light. I've been wanting to replay it for a long time, and I've never played the expansion.

I'm on the final battle in XCOM 2, but I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to do it for some reason.

About to start a run of Dying Light. I've been wanting to replay it for a long time, and I've never played the expansion.
If you're in the final location, might as well complete it

I'm playing Gedonia; an early access, single-character, single-player rpg. It has low poly graphics, which I generally hate, but I'm enjoying it despite that.

This is a game with a limited number of skills and about a dozen builds. Without editing the save file, you will have to make decisions early about what skills you will take. If you screw up, you can buy or make respec potions, though finding them is somewhat rare. The open-world game has 100 skill points that you can earn by leveling and maybe another 20 or so you can acquire in other ways. This choice is also present in the initial build. There are 16 points worth of stats but you only get 8 to spend. So, you might have great intellect, giving bonuses to spell damage, but not be strong enough to equip anything more than cloth armor and maybe use a dagger. If you focus on a charisma build, you can basically skip fighting and let your companions fight for you. This can also solve several quests by just talking. Choices abound!

There are several crafting skills: tailor, leatherworker, smith, jeweler, enchanter, etc. You will not be able to learn every skill because each costs 7 points to master. You could pick one or two and maybe not master, but put in a few levels. I found alchemy to give the most bang for the buck as even low level potions are useful since you can find those ingredients all over the place.

Anyway, decent game but also fairly basic. Nothing stands out as top notch, but it's a good time waster.

I bought that as well some time ago, i wait for it to go out of EA, from what i read its a one person studio(?)

I'm trying The Outer Worlds, at the moment. It first feels like a "spaceball" version of Fallout 4 in space. It's an open world game, it has a lot of goofiness, quests tend to have many ways to get solved. Exploration feels a bit more limited and NPC don't always react the way they should.

Replaying the Witcher 3. I had forgotten how good this game was even though it is my favorite of all time. A true masterpiece apart from the itemisation which they could have done better. Anyway, the itemisation is by far better than in Cyberpunk. Clearly they did not learn…

My main problem with The Witcher 3 is that they force you (again) to be Geralt of Rivia, a witcher. I would enjoy the game a lot more I had more freedom creating my char in the Witcher world. Also, I'm not a big fan of this sort of Action third-player gameplay. I tried it a couple of months ago and I didn't get farther than the first fight after you left the starting castle. I guess I should give it another chance, eventually.

I bought that as well some time ago, i wait for it to go out of EA, from what i read its a one person studio(?)
Yes, Oleg works like 3 or 4 people though. He's about 85% finished iirc.

My main problem with The Witcher 3 is that they force you (again) to be Geralt of Rivia, a witcher. I would enjoy the game a lot more I had more freedom creating my char in the Witcher world.

This exactly. I don't want to play Geriatric lover-boy. Yuk! :biggrin: I'd much rather play Triss or any of the other mage classes.

I was on fence about Gedonia for a while… still interested but I have too many games to play at the moment! Maybe will wait for a full release + sale

I'm trying The Outer Worlds, at the moment. It first feels like a "spaceball" version of Fallout 4 in space. It's an open world game, it has a lot of goofiness, quests tend to have many ways to get solved. Exploration feels a bit more limited and NPC don't always react the way they should.

Oh, I am just about to start that one too. If you want to post any impressions/tips, please do on here :

https://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49483

My main problem with The Witcher 3 is that they force you (again) to be Geralt of Rivia, a witcher. I would enjoy the game a lot more I had more freedom creating my char in the Witcher world. Also, I'm not a big fan of this sort of Action third-player gameplay. I tried it a couple of months ago and I didn't get farther than the first fight after you left the starting castle. I guess I should give it another chance, eventually.

I doubt that Outer Worlds is any less of an action third-player game ;) Different opinions and preferences, of course, but I like it so much because they force us to play Gerald, who I think is a great complex character. The characters, story and mood are much better made in the game than in the TV series.

I am not very much into action third-player games either but somehow everything lands correctly for me with this game. The controls feel good and I am actually controlling the character instead of randomly smashing buttons as I end up doing with many similar games. Perhaps playing with mouse and keyboard makes the difference...

Anyway, I'd guess that the next Witcher will let you make your own character whenever it comes...

Back
Top Bottom