Starfield - First Companion

Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? We are getting companion information, but know nothing about gameplay or anything else meaningful? Seems like they really have nothing of value to share, so they're trying to push anything out there. I'd expected radio silence until they do a 30 min demo/vertical slice of the game and systems.

Regarding new releases there's not much going on in the RPG world right now. So content creators have to work with the info they already have.
This affects news sites like RPGWatch as well, because we often link to the newsbits generated by content creators.

Regarding new releases there's not much going on in the RPG world right now. So content creators have to work with the info they already have.
This affects news sites like RPGWatch as well, because we often link to the newsbits generated by content creators.

Oh, I'm not putting content-creators down with my remark. They work with what they have. I'm more so having an issue with the company. Personally, I'd feel strung along with the most unimportant updates, with this stuff like this.

Nah mods will turn that companion into a sexbot you can bang to your hearts content. As that sums up the vast majority of adult mods for all Bethesda games.:lol:

Just to avoid any confusion, I was kidding. :) Although... that's a pretty bot.

I doubt there's any interesting romance in a Bethesda game. I'm more concerned to get a good story and a good quest line anyway.

Like @danutz_plusplus;, I hope they reveal more important features about the game and its lore. They'll have to find an alternative to E3 for that.

Oh, I'm not putting content-creators down with my remark. They work with what they have. I'm more so having an issue with the company. Personally, I'd feel strung along with the most unimportant updates, with this stuff like this.

This is the norm for bethesda, they a allow little bits out until about 6 months before release.

Just to avoid any confusion, I was kidding. :) Although… that's a pretty bot.

I doubt there's any interesting romance in a Bethesda game. I'm more concerned to get a good story and a good quest line anyway.

Like @danutz_plusplus;, I hope they reveal more important features about the game and its lore. They'll have to find an alternative to E3 for that.

There is going to be a MS event in june to replace what they would do at E3, or at least that is what is being put out.

"Content creator" desperate to scrap some revenue spotted.

I imagine companions will be pretty secondary in Starfield, down to pretty much mules to carry extra loot as in every other Bethesda game. Unless they change a lot the way they approach companions at the studio, I'm positive I'll largely ignore them because in their games, companions are obnoxious, have huge collision frames that tend to get in the way of your own projectiles, pull aggro when they shouldn't or cut off your retreat when you're in a tunnel, amongst other things. That's if you can survive mentally the assault of redundant oneliners they keep throwing around.

There is going to be a MS event in june to replace what they would do at E3, or at least that is what is being put out.
Thanks for the info. It's what I thought would happen since E3 was closed.

Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? We are getting companion information, but know nothing about gameplay or anything else meaningful? Seems like they really have nothing of value to share, so they're trying to push anything out there. I'd expected radio silence until they do a 30 min demo/vertical slice of the game and systems.

They are fueling the hype train i guess. Hopefully it's not like cybercrap… Cos i don't think they can afford Fallout 76 again… or maybe they can heh. Who the hell knows, people forgive and overlook lots of faults nowdays. But i would think expectations are high… You know the next Skyrim in space, now with full companions apparently.

Personally, I tend to ignore Companions outside of games where they are enforced (like Mass Effect) or kind-of-not-annoying (like Outer Worlds). Since this meant so far I ignored them completely in all Bethesda games (Elder Scrolls / Fallout), I have the suspicion that they will not be important for me in Starfield.

I have very little faith that Bethesda will suddenly learn how to write/incorporate companions in any meaningful way. They are emojis in your story, not much more. So it makes sense that they would introduce a robot, first.

Another "leak".

Starfield Leaks Shared by Ex Bethesda Dev; Game Is Looking Good and Has a Lot of Content, Manual Flight Is In
[. . .]
It was a cool solid place to work, very secure. The engine is a piece of crap though. Todd is a charismatic guy for sure. Starfield is looking good, weekly Thursday playtest since the beginning of the year, more and more stuff coming online. Shooting feels alright, flying is terrible at the moment in my opinion, just not fun to me. Lighting and stuff is looking better and better, though it's not on the level of Horizon Forbidden West or anything like that but still a good looking game. In terms of if it will ship on time, well they will try that's for sure, they'll cut what they did to etc, they have an overabundance of content, probably too much, so that's not the issue, finding the fun and of course bug fixing is the big thing. It's a sexy date though and you only get one of those, beta is this summer, that's when the picture will truly become clear.
[. . .]

Back
Top Bottom