What games are you playing now?

Playing through Mortal shell right now. It’s a good souls lite. Some fresh idea’s and gameplay variation is a nice infusion in to the genre.

Its an absolute gem, and switching between the shells and upgrading the weapons is pretty fun. I also think it looks amazing and very atmospheric. I completed it twice and enjoyed every second of it. By the way, the Epic edition is drm free!

In Eredia I'm back to progressing the main story, now that I've all my members thirty plus in levels. It's a pure joy sitting the crappy mages on the bench now, where they belong, the paladin and rogue are decimating everything in sight! Right now I'd put this product in my top five RPG maker games, it's really solid, deep, lots to do and explore. This entire world just begs to be revisited, and should there ever be a sequel I'll be all on board for it.

Turns out WH40K: Sanctus Reach has titan units and "superheroes". WOW! Lots of new units are turning up in the middle of just the second campaign. Amazing rich content!! This fact elevated the game to the level of Fallout 1-2 for me. This game has become an EPIC CLASSIC!!

Ubisoft's Alcibiades is one of the best designed characters in videogames history.
It's not only writing, c&c and visuals, it's also english voiceover that was put brilliantly.
I have to say that after all that I've read about the actual historical figure, it pleases me to have him fleshed out so flamboyantly. Cracks me up.

I continued playing Tyranny yesterdays. Got my party to reach level 5. I'm starting to get the hang of it. The game gives some very interesting moral choices.

I really liked Tyranny. For some reason, i was excited to meet the different Achons. It really kept me playing the game, as the story unfolded, it got more interesting. I'm a judge and executioner? Boss :)
Usually im playing for the action, Tyranny was one of the only games that kept me glued to the story and personalities. Combat was fun, and truthfully - I like playing a bad guy, so I fit right in (tho i was generally more lawful that chaotic evil)

playing a pure gem of an rpg on top of the others i've started recently, and that is Age of Fear 3 - The Legend. playing the dryad campaign and wow, what a game! definitely a deep, satisfying strategy/tactics RPG with tons of character/team customization, a good story with fun humor, and excellent, frua-on-super-steroids combat. i am loving this one so far, and it comes with 2 full campaigns to play to boot! the drunken dwarf campaign sounds fun, too. :)

playing a pure gem of an rpg on top of the others i've started recently, and that is Age of Fear 3 - The Legend

Have you played Age of Fear: The Undead King?
I'm about 20 hours into it, and felt the same: it's totally lo-fi & homegrown, but has plenty of heart and humor, and just enough options to keep it interesting while not overwhelming.

I had just come off of another frustrating bout w/ Divinity Original Sin's inventory and running around in circles, and found AOF so refreshing w/ scant aggravations, while having lots of tactical depth and charm.

I had just come off of another frustrating bout w/ Divinity Original Sin's inventory and running around in circles, and found AOF so refreshing w/ scant aggravations, while having lots of tactical depth and charm.

How far are you in D:OS? I have a playthrough that's been going on for about a year now, but I haven't touched it in months. I want to like it, but I keep getting burned-out for some reason. I'm determined to finish it at some point.

How far are you in D:OS? I have a playthrough that's been going on for about a year now, but I haven't touched it in months. I want to like it, but I keep getting burned-out for some reason. I'm determined to finish it at some point.

The game is just exhausting to play, as far as I'm concerned.

I want to like it. I know that there is gold there. I've had some good feelings for the game at times, the exploration and characters have been cool, but it's been overshadowed by just outright tedium.

Whole sessions being mind-numbing inventory sorting sessions. It's loot overload. The starting town and quests just a confusing, tedious mess. The way that town is laid out just bends my brain, and I'm constantly backtracking through it. Nope, the knife isnt enough. Nope, the book isnt enough. Etc etc. I've hit several of these quests that you'd think were going to wrapped up - nope, backtrack and canvass, and it's just… exhausting. Every thing i do seems to raise more questions, instead of giving answers.

I'm all for action points, but I guess maybe my understanding of the abilities and their correlation within said system was incorrect, as I can go about one step with a tank before they are out of points to do anything else. Everybody is lacking on points, and while I do okay with most battles, larger battles become a slog.

And the cosmic angle to it, i found myself just blinking and going "what the fuck was that all about?"
I need to revisit it again, but I just feel like 20ish hours in, i shouldnt be dreading firing the game up

Have you played Age of Fear: The Undead King?
I'm about 20 hours into it, and felt the same: it's totally lo-fi & homegrown, but has plenty of heart and humor, and just enough options to keep it interesting while not overwhelming.

D:OS2's inventory totally turned me off from the game, so I feel u. I finished D:OS actually but it was in couch co-op with someone. Still, we had plenty of times just sorting loot and crafting materials, but overall we had fun with it.

Haven't played Undead King but I want to! Are u playing the hero campaign or the villain/undead campaign? I almost bought UK but I saw that A) the developers support all the games in the series with the same features, so if a newer version of the game has a cool new feature, they will backport it to the older games, and B) a review of UK said that in order to pick the AoF game for u, just go by which of the campaign factions interest u the most. AoF3 has a drunken dwarf thirsting for power and an imprisoned dryad campaign, both of which I found cool enough to purchase the game. :)

But yeah, so many options on building ur team that it really is a tactically pleasing affair. I'm still early yet but this seems like a real lo-fi sleeper hit to me!

The game is just exhausting to play, as far as I'm concerned.

I want to like it. I know that there is gold there. I've had some good feelings for the game at times, the exploration and characters have been cool, but it's been overshadowed by just outright tedium.

Whole sessions being mind-numbing inventory sorting sessions. It's loot overload. The starting town and quests just a confusing, tedious mess. The way that town is laid out just bends my brain, and I'm constantly backtracking through it. Nope, the knife isnt enough. Nope, the book isnt enough. Etc etc. I've hit several of these quests that you'd think were going to wrapped up - nope, backtrack and canvass, and it's just… exhausting. Every thing i do seems to raise more questions, instead of giving answers.

I'm all for action points, but I guess maybe my understanding of the abilities and their correlation within said system was incorrect, as I can go about one step with a tank before they are out of points to do anything else. Everybody is lacking on points, and while I do okay with most battles, larger battles become a slog.

And the cosmic angle to it, i found myself just blinking and going "what the fuck was that all about?"
I need to revisit it again, but I just feel like 20ish hours in, i shouldnt be dreading firing the game up

Yeah, if you're feeling that way after just 20 hours, that's not a good sign. I just checked my Steam account, and I was surprised to see I have over 100 hours. I didn't think I had played it that much.

I enjoyed Cyseal and the surrounding area quite a bit though. I left off near the end of the second region, and I didn't like that area nearly as much. I'm not sure if it's because of the design or if I was just burned-out at that point.

One of the main reasons I prefer RTwP combat over turn-based is because games with a lot of battles don't turn into slogs like that.

Don't worry, you are not alone, I too really struggled to finish Divinity: Original Sin, and I'm quite a dedicated bloody-minded completionist when I get so far into a game.

For me my interest peaked in and around Cyseal & then started to wane by degrees each step further as soon as I left that area. By the time I'd got to the final area and it's surrounds I was running on empty and had reached that "come on, please end now" phase. And then the game just went on and on. And on and on.

Fluent - I'm playing the "human" campaign, but I am thinking an Undead run directly after I finish, I want to see the contrast between the two (and there were a lot of interesting undead units)

One question: Did you hit the option to let all units use inventory items (instead of just hero units)? The game seems to warn against it, that's it'll throw the balance off too much. I think it works out pretty well. Yeah, my crew is pretty powerful, but it's still easy to get stomped if you play dumb (or get bad RNG).

Fluent - I'm playing the "human" campaign, but I am thinking an Undead run directly after I finish, I want to see the contrast between the two (and there were a lot of interesting undead units)

One question: Did you hit the option to let all units use inventory items (instead of just hero units)? The game seems to warn against it, that's it'll throw the balance off too much. I think it works out pretty well. Yeah, my crew is pretty powerful, but it's still easy to get stomped if you play dumb (or get bad RNG).

I didn't check out that option, but for the sake of differentiating heroes and regular units I'd leave it off. But if it works for u that's cool, keep with it and see how it goes.

I've progressed to the point in Eredia now that I'm fairly confident in my abilities to pursue the main quest, with the proper group well leveled, the mages being situated where they should be, keeping the bench company. I went through a dungeon yesterday that was more of a mind farce than a minion-laden resort, I had to vanquish several subordinate named creatures that, in turn, served to help me defeat the true antagonist of the place. This game continues to amaze me each and every time I play it, all in good ways!

Got tired of Tyranny and went back to playing Elex... And this time, it did manage to hook me ! Exploring, while very punishing and unforgiving, is really fun. Love the jetpack. It's certainly adding a nice touch previous PB games didn't have.

That jetpack will save your damn life, many times over. And can bring many new meanings to the phrase, "death from above", if done correctly. One of these days I fully intend to replay Elex!

I'm playing Earn a Paycheck. This game sucks but I'm addicted to it and have played for over 40 years now. I probably will play for 5 more years before giving up my addiction. I have about 80,000 hours played.

LOL
Have to ask - did that game at any point offer you lootboxes instead of the paycheck? :p

Back
Top Bottom