What games are you playing now?

I played the first Serious Sam aeons ago (before I had it on Steam, don't ask!! :p) and I intend to replay it once again in the future. I liked it quite a lot, especially the tone of humor and that screaming headless (yes dear member, you read it correctly) suicidal enemy with bombs instead of hands :)

Yeah same. I fondly recall the frantic action and those screaming guys with bombs for hands.

I played Disco Elysium for 2-3h and its a ...ride. I laughed so hard when you call the cops that you lost your badge or when the kids make fun of you at the body location. This game is something else.

I'm still having a great time with Divided Reigns, slowly exploring my way through the story and across the world. I just had my mage whisked away from my party (no big loss, she'd been riding the pine bench the entire time anyways) so I expect I'll have to seek her out somewheres.

My hubby picked up Medieval Dynasty and seem to be enjoying it a lot. It piqued up my interest but I noticed the game doesn't offer female character :(

@Morrandir; I noticed you voted it as GOTY runner up - can you please share your impression? :)

Just finished another Wildermyth campaign, All the bones of summer.

It's out favourite so far, it was a hell of a ride :D

My order of favoured campaigns so far are:
All the bones of summer > The enduring war > Age of Ulstryx > Eluna & the Moth

Next up, we will go for Sunswallower's Wake which came out a few weeks back :D

Leaving Monarchs Under the Mountain till last since the reception of this one was least positive from what I've read.

Im still with DIsco ELysium just reached day 3 after 30h, and gonna say it again, this game is something else. What i really like is that the game keeps on surprising you and on and on and when you think it cant anymore, it does it even more and more.
I read about the book of the estonian guy sold 1k copies and the depression stuff, and now(since the game sold so well) he probably is a millionaire lol.

I'm still waist-deep in the sands of Divided Reigns, this game keeps throwing new stuff at me, which I suppose is good. You've some terrains to traverse that require you making constant adjustments to make your way across a desert, and on top of that you also need to provide rations/water for your group. It was a tough haul for me, like an almost quick time segment, I'm through it now and hoping it doesn't happen again!

Im 100 hours in to AC Odyssey and I think about half way through the content. I don't like it as much as Origins because it isn't as exotic, and the gameplay is almost identical so there is burn-out. There is a lot more naval combat which is more involved and trickier. It got easier when I learned to use the brake. Stopping didn't strike me as wise in combat, but it is essential to out-maneuver the enemy. The story is ok, but so far lacking in any surprises other than the meeting with Pythagoras. I'll finish it, but I probably should have let more time pass since I played Origins.

Seems the new mouse is either a significant improvement while playing Doom (2016) on Nightmare difficulty, or it's the placebo effect (or most likely a combination of both). But I'm seeing improvements in how I'm able to handle the encounters. I'm still dying a lot, but can handle myself a lot better. With my work mouse I even had difficulties in the very first encounter of the game.

Regardless, it's a very high level of challenge, at least for myself. And I have no idea how few people are able to handle Ultra-Nightmare which is basically the same difficulty but you only have one life for the whole game. Insane. The amount of preparation is must take. But even so, since encounters have a significant level of randomness due to how enemies react it still sounds very hard to make encounters expect the way you want them. I've looked at a few people doing Ultra-Nightmare runs and what some do is they do practice runs for each level, on a separate save, at the end of a level/checkpoint. But still, the rage inducing frustration it must have to lose your whole campaign due to one death.

I remember, back when Doom 2016 was released initially, I reached the end game and was stuck on a particular section for what felt like 10-20 retries. And that was only on Ultra-Violence, the level just below Nightmare. The time people have to dedicate to this game. But I want to see how far I make it on Nightmare before eventually abandoning it.

One thing is for sure, getting into the thick of it and finishing off enemies as fas as possible is even more important on Nightmare. But you really need to prioritize your targets. and can very easily get overwhelmed. My most common way of dying is due to the glory kills, where I get blasted to bits just after finishing the glory kill animation on an enemy (during which you're immune to damage, but not immediately after that).

I remember, back when Doom 2016 was released initially, I reached the end game and was stuck on a particular section for what felt like 10-20 retries. And that was only on Ultra-Violence, the level just below Nightmare. The time people have to dedicate to this game. But I want to see how far I make it on Nightmare before eventually abandoning it.

I ended up really liking Doom after initially being disappointed by the (mostly) arena style of the combat, but I had no desire to try Nightmare difficulty. I found Ultra-violence to be a good balance for me.

I remember two encounters, both of which were boss fights, that gave me significant trouble.

The first were those things that looked like large rock golems. You start off fighting 1, and the reward for finally killing it is that you have to immediately fight two more simultaneously. I think I might have retired a keyboard during that fight. :)

The second was the Spider Mastermind, but I guess you have to expect the final boss is going to be tough.

Wasteland 3 EPICness all over the place. Stopped playing everything else. Right now I'm in the first DLC, which was mass-opined as boring, but I'm enjoying it as it reeks of The Office & Factory life. Also it has the highest cyborg tech in the game so far, and I love technological sci-fis.
Very excellent music, amazing art design, professionally built 3D maps and big fonts. I love this game!

So, in order to not have to play it 4 times over - as I'm developing our own game -, I added in most of the beginning 'Backgrounds' and 'Quirks'[of these you can normally select only one], which didn't have significant minuses. In order to have a content-saturated gameplay.
One of these was the GOAT KILLER BACKGROUND.
This causes the party to encounter a big mystical Boss Monster around MidGame and its a super awesome fight! I loved it!

On this run I left attributes and money untouched to make resources more scarce and life harder on (highest) Supreme Jerk difficulty. I always choose maximum difficulty in games to experience the most mayhem.
But I'm adding skill points with the save editor, in case I'm missing a dialogue check to experience most of the content in 1-2 runs.

The animal pet side of the game I love. All six characters in the party have highest level animal pets available at all times. Just watching this farmer mob of people with of horde grunting, braying, bleating, clucking, noisy animals running around or just storming into a large room is totally hilarious and highly entertaining!
Recently I lost my poor super-goat pet, the game offers, when choosing a specific dramatic path. But the WiKi is excellent
, so I learned there will be more high level pets.

Any item I'm missing by forking decision paths - choosing to support one NPC over the other, I'm adding into the game with the super-amazingly coded save editor(!!), as I won't have time to play it multiple times.

Writing and music are excellent! Voices are top-notch!!

Surprisingly well done game. Adding in all this content at a professional level: this game must have cost a truckload of money!!

I'm looking forward to Wasteland three big-time, after lessons learned about the last game, this time around I think I'll wait for the directors version and go from there. It's good to read so many praising comments about the game beforehand, for sure.

I tried it on the game pass and did not get past the first town. I felt the aesthetics were nice when it was night and snowy but the first town felt too clean. It gave a kind of vibe that was in the Windows OS games in the early 2000s. The plot did not grip me and the quests were type "go there and kill some people - or not".

I am prepared to give the game another chance. I think I just didn't get far enough in it to get sucked in. I'll also probably wait for the director's cut and buy it then. Perhaps even co-op it with a friend. In that way I have managed to finish games that I struggled to finish otherwise (D:OS2 for instance).

Haven't tried Wasteland 3 yet, but I did just purchase it + all the DLC recently.

I'm still chugging along in Dying Light. I should be finished well before March 1st so I can start playing Elex 2 at release. I might play something short in between if I have time. Probably a shooter.

W3 is a great game. Graphics are beautiful, the story griping, the tactical battle are fun and fast paced (unlike, say, D:OS). It has some great moral decisions. I thought the intro was mind-blowing. My only negative point is that the game is perhaps a little too short. The end is coming very quickly.

W3 is a great game. Graphics are beautiful, the story griping, the tactical battle are fun and fast paced (unlike, say, D:OS). It has some great moral decisions. I thought the intro was mind-blowing. My only negative point is that the game is perhaps a little too short. The end is coming very quickly.
Yep I've been saying this since it was released W3 is a good RPG but to short. It needs more content on the world map, but it's finished and development is done.:(

I started playing Pathfinder:WotR a few days ago. Slow going, but I've enjoyed it.

The first few levels in similar games are often less interesting, since there are few gameplay choices, but it's been well done storywise to distract from that. And after leaving the maze I hope to gain some levels and get some fun challenges along with good story.

I've been playing a lot of God of War lately, as well as Minecraft. It's fun to play with friends on interesting custom servers.

Back
Top Bottom