BioWare - International Women's Day

aries100

SasqWatch
Today is the International Women's Day. Bioware did decide to make a blog entry about this. Bioware's David Hulegaard talked to a few female Bioware employees about what women can do if they want to work in the game industry.

Advice from Karin Weekes:

Constantly hone your skills and keep being really good at what you do-your craft is more important than anything else. Work to be a good communicator and listener. Connect with other women in the industry for support and problem solving. If game development is your passion, you deserve to be here, and there is a place for you. If someone tells you otherwise, they're wrong.
Melanie Faulknor's advice:

I work with some of the most talented people in the industry, and that includes women who are Level Designers, Cinematic Designers, Directors, Editors, Writers, Programmers, and Producers. Tons of our fans are women too. Women in the industry provide a very valuable perspective, so don't let anything stop you from pursuing a career in games if it's something you love.
More information.

Thank you for this. :)

Very interesting, while I don't like bioware this was a good initiative by them.

If only their politically correct attitude translated into talent and passion.

Beating a dead horse but the last bit of this video is extra relevant to both March 8th and the passion they have left:

Politically correct or not, it's still awfully nice of them :).
And I suspect there's plenty of talent and passion among Bio's employees. Getting to express is it is another matter :-/.

You can suspect whatever you want, but I'd need a bit of evidence to support such a claim.

I find interesting that Bioware seems to be the only! company in the video game industry which has made a blog entry commenting on International Women's Day. And even more interesting that female Biowarians are given advice on how other women - and girls - can get into the industry.

I don't know, after all those negative controversies, you have to come up with something positive somehow to keep the company going (ever thought about this is just a stunt?) ;)

Could be or maybe not... just saying I find it hard to see Bioware is positive light these days :)

It's kind of interesting, the people who celebrates this event the loudest and proudest are usually the same people who also loudly suggest that sexes doesn't even exist. "It's only a social construction" therefore you shouldnt refer to people as "male" or "female". Wouldn't this event strengthen the roles of male and female, exactly what they suggest shouldn't exist?

Got to say this PC bullshit is sometimes getting on my nerves, especially when it doesnt make sense and is just plain paradoxal.

Edit: i should say that this is the case in Sweden, not sure it's this crazy even in the US, yet.

Back
Top Bottom