king-arts new kickstarter

Competitive multiplayer (ranked matches, seasons)
Sorry but no.
Yes it promises singleplayer campaign, it states a strong one, but just no. Strip all MMO away from the project and I'll back it.

Yeah I know a couple of friends that are quite interested in this, but to me it has very little appeal. I'll stick to their single player games.

As usual people see multiplayer & coop in the games description, and overreact. All you have to do read further down the kickstarter pages, and see the funding goals.

I have followed this game since last year and was interested to see it funded.
8d700a9d44816fe0e13d5f5f99df2416_original.jpg

Attachments

• 8d700a9d44816fe0e13d5f5f99df2416_original.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 52
As always with King Arts Kickstarter Projects I think the minimum cost is too high.
Not going to pay 45$ for a game on kickstarter unless I get some really special goodies for that.

While it looks like fun, I am not too much into RTS games either these days. And for a game which is not in my usual area it's even less likely I pay that kind of money.

Due to that combination I would have payed 15$, maybe 20$.
And maybe I will. After release, having read reviews and buying it in a sale.

As always with King Arts Kickstarter Projects I think the minimum cost is too high.
Not going to pay 45$ for a game on kickstarter unless I get some really special goodies for that.

While it looks like fun, I am not too much into RTS games either these days. And for a game which is not in my usual area it's even less likely I pay that kind of money.

Due to that combination I would have payed 15$, maybe 20$.
And maybe I will. After release, having read reviews and buying it in a sale.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. It looks fun and the setting is intriguing, so I would have backed at 20$. The entry cost is too high at the moment for me.

Yea I would agree the price of entry is too high - esp given the quality of their last couple of non-adventure games. Having said that it is already funded.

As usual people see multiplayer & coop in the games description, and overreact.
Overreact? Thanks to the "rule" of not backing any kind of MMO I've dodged numerous failed and take_the_$_and_run projects.

All of these MMO WoW killer wannabees are well aware just as you and me that all big publishers want to fund only MMOs. Why are they on Kickstarter in the first place? Go get cash from EA and leave KS for projects publishers refuse to fund: singleplayer only games.
I think the minimum cost is too high.
IMO it's not too high as it plans dedicated servers for competitive multiplayer. That stuff ain't cheap.

King Art are the ones behind the Book Unwritten Tales.

Unique setting, I must say. If it was turn-based, I'd support that.

I was quite disappointed with The Dwarves game, and that was done by King Arts. As someone who gave funds to that game, I was expecting much better as it was hardly anything like the novels. After that experience, I give all their other products a much harder than average look, and they'd have to make something truly special to get another dollar from me.

I never read the novels, so I can't be disappointed ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom