Star Control - Strange Settlement On An Alien Planet

Yeah… I'm definitely letting the judge deal with this mess. Wake me when it's over.

My thoughts exactly. Why would internet users (read: taxpayers) do something that's one's paid job.

In need of garbage soap operas there is always viki.com.

Unsubstantiated?
You mean like how discovery showed the provided emails of sexual harassment were real and not made up?
How the judge refused Stardocks dismissal attempt based on that fact?

Or how when the employee in question sent an email asking Wardell not to touch her ever again his reply included and I quote.
"I'm not some manager or coworker of yours. I own the company. It, and your job there, exist to suit my purposes, not vice versa. The company is not an end unto itself, it is a means to an end which is to further the objectives of its shareholders (in this case, me)."

Or that Wardell admitted in an updated filing that he made such comments?

Or maybe you mean how Wardell claims sending a employee a purity test that asks if they have had anal, group sex.. Making comments on the size of employees breasts and nippes ETC does not represent sexual harassment?

Maybe you should look into it before you make a crap comment like undisputed.
Discovery process finding ARE FACT, that she agreed to dismiss the case because Stardock had started litigation against her(when the judge refused their dismissal motion) in a joint agreement.

Oh yay. Unsubstantiated harassment charges. Very original. Those are getting so ridiculous now it's offensive to actual victims.

Well in the matter of IP… everybody pays the lawyers and someone gets to keep the IP. Lawyers children need to eat too :)

Why dont they both make their games. We will buy them both anyway.

Ah so not guilty of sexual harassment, just accused of it. I know to frenzied social justice warriors there is no difference, but in reality there is. Based on your snapshot it sounds like she had a rock solid case. Pity she did not go through with it. I'm betting the whole story would have painted a different picture which is why she dropped it.

Anyway enjoy your crusade, it makes little difference in the IP rights as lawyers will sort it out eventually.

Did he really do those things ? I mean not to be prude but that's pretty bad.
-
This is the only reference i can find and it seems (a) one off and (b) was never proven:
https://kotaku.com/stardock-lawsuits-dropped-ex-employee-apologizes-1377925759

Unsubstantiated?

Or how when the employee in question sent an email asking Wardell not to touch her ever again his reply included and I quote.
"I'm not some manager or coworker of yours. I own the company. It, and your job there, exist to suit my purposes, not vice versa. The company is not an end unto itself, it is a means to an end which is to further the objectives of its shareholders (in this case, me)."

Please, be fair to Brad Wardell and dont do this. This quote is put out of context, it doesnt prove anything, only that they had some dispute or that he was angry.

Mainly - it has NOTHING to do with STAR CONTROL problem.

I dont buy everything what Stardock say and I definitely dont support that fanboy crap from SirJames. But it doesnt mean that we will purposefully use some old dispute to throw accusation against someone from Stardock in order to paint them as black as possible. Afaik the case was not proven. It seems they just dont get along and maybe he really said something bad about her but it doesnt prove real sexual harassment. It can be common tactics to put issues out of proportions in order to "destroy" those you dont like. And Brad was already harassed by some SJW media in the past.

If you think that Stardock did something wrong in case of SC you can criticise them. But please dont throw accusations here from old personal case.

Implying I suggested he was found guilty of sexual harassment is something I never said/implied.

I said he is a slimeball.

timeline after she filed suit.

1.Stardock refutes the claims.
2.Discovery proves they are true through provided emails.
3.Stardock no longer refutes the emails but claims they are not sexual assault and asks for the case to be dismissed
4.Judge refuses.
5.Stardock begins suit against the women claiming she stole a laptop and data that resulted in the game Elemental failing. Mr Slimeball claims she is solely responsible for the game sucking balls and failing in at least one public statement(paraphrasing).
6.Stardock claims the suit has NOTHING to do with her sexual harassment in public statement while it offers in private to drop the suit if she will dismiss the sexual harassment suit and give an apology.

I gave you an example of his conduct which is not in dispute(even by Stardock after it was proven in discovery)

So tell me? do you think sending a survey to your employee asking her is she has anal sex, sex with people that were unaware(rape) and other sexual content is acceptable?

Does it make one…
A.Upstanding citizen
B.Slimeball

Stardock has a history of outright lying in court documents(proven) and then admitting once caught.
Brad Wardell isn't a nice guy.

Only SJW here seems to be you, the problem with SJW they are so sure they are in the right they will not listen to logic or reason.

The pertinent facts are
1.Brad Wardell has lied previously in court filings. Or rather his lawyers on his behalf, I guess he could claim they got it wrong and he told them he did send the emails and they misunderstood?
2.Atari before Stardock or Brad Wardell involvement admitted they did not own the intellectual property or copyright to Starcontrol 1 and 2.
3.Brad Wardell admitted previously that Fred and Pete owned the IP.

Ah so not guilty of sexual harassment, just accused of it. I know to frenzied social justice warriors there is no difference, but in reality there is. Based on your snapshot it sounds like she had a rock solid case. Pity she did not go through with it. I'm betting the whole story would have painted a different picture which is why she dropped it.

Anyway enjoy your crusade, it makes little difference in the IP rights as lawyers will sort it out eventually.

Edited to fix my error it was Elemental not Enchantress the game in question that she was accused or causing to fail.

Last edited:
I definitely dont support that fanboy crap from SirJames
Could you be more specific?

Are you saying you like patent trolls? Are you one?

I don't just blindly support people based off rolls on my D20. I watch and I watch some more and I know the difference between lawful good and lawful evil, which is more subtle than you might think.

I think bringing up some psycho bitches sexual harassment claims is way off topic and maybe even a desperate attempt to attack the character of a good bloke.

I think mentioning that the Star Control series being a ripoff of Starflight is correct.

You have a Starflight knockoff, a couple of nobodies, a horrible publisher who killed Baldurs Gate 3, and a great dev of the Galciv series. IMO they didn't need the stupid trademarks and it was a mistake buying them at all. They should have just made the game as a real time Galciv spinoff and I'd be even more interested.

I hate the combat in Star Control 2, I have it installed right now and the way it changes the view in combat is some of the worst design I've had to suffer to get my fix of mining on planets. That's all anyone want's to do and that part was stolen from Starflight. The game is trash. Absolute rubbish.

If you think I'm acting like a fanboy about something then you should think twice because you have to work VERY hard to earn that sort of respect from me. You try and get it. I'm cynical as fuck.

Patent Troll != IP creator who subsequently claims the rights to IP he created (as I've said a hundred times) and never relinquished

Say you don't believe in copyright or patents, but don't act like this is hard to figure out.

Back
Top Bottom