PoE Help!!!!! Please!!!!!

Pillars of Eternity

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I am a bit confused, I restarted the game with both DLC installed. I followed the game as I did the first play through and just defeated Thaos and the game ended.

I go to the main menu and there is no options to continue on.

So do I have start over in which case is dumb.

Do I have reload a saved game before killing him, which is dumb.

This shouldn't be that confusing, I have cleared out most of Crägholdt,

Expansion content is presented throughout the game; don't worry about rushing to end everything with Thaos. If you see the steward at the stronghold, she should grant you access to White March content. From the wiki:

After the Watcher acquires Caed Nua, the steward notifies him or her that the village of Stalwart is in need of aid to awaken the white forges in an ancient dwarven fortress, Durgan's Battery.

So don't panic, just reload a previous save and go to Stalwart. :)

Edit:
The Siege of Cragholdt is actually optional.

I have no clue how this makes any sense at all.

So if you finished the like I did the first play though, you are expected to go back to one of your saves to play the DLC and then do the fight with Thaos again?

It's not that complicated, really.

I finished the game once before the expansions came out as well. Then I made another character and raised the difficulty, played White March Part I, then defeated Thaos a second time.

For my third character which I'm not that far into (Path of the Damned run) I'm playing both White March I+II before killing Thaos to finally end my time with the game. :)

In short, the Thaos fight finishes the game so the idea is to fit in all of the new content during your adventures.

It's not that complicated, really.

I finished the game once before the expansions came out as well. Then I made another character and raised the difficulty, played White March Part I, then defeated Thaos a second time.

For my third character which I'm not that far into (Path of the Damned run) I'm playing both White March I+II before killing Thaos to finally end my time with the game. :)

In short, the Thaos fight finishes the game so the idea is to fit in all of the new content during your adventures.

I am not saying it is complicated, rather it is dumb. I am still enjoying the game and did reload before just before the pit. Though was rather surprised that it just ended and you couldn't access The White March unless you back tracked.

Anyways not the way I would have down it, though I don't think I have played any expansions in years.

It's basically an "in the middle" expansion like Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast and Gothic 2: Night of the Raven. They expand the middle instead of the end. It'll feel a lot more natural if you simply play through the extra content as you go through the game on a new character.

Back
Top Bottom